[Mk2] [Generic] speakers behind the seats

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrtwo-red

[Mk2] [Generic] speakers behind the seats

Post by mrtwo-red »

is it poss to put speakers behind the seats and use the cubby box as a an enclosure ?
Bear87

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] speakers behind the seats

Post by Bear87 »

Sure is I have 6x9s in my tubby. It's tight fit so each speaker may differ. They are mounted onto the front of the box so opening the lid revels the back of the speaker and wiring etc. My tubby didnt have the premium audio system so no factory subwoofer if yours does have subwoofer I would assume removing it leaves the standard boxs :thumleft:
mrtwo-red

Post by mrtwo-red »

hi thanks for the reply behind the carpet is a 4 1/2 " round hole pres for factory subs did you cut your holes out for the 6x9
do you know of a best speaker to go into this hole . cheers
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

I think i have JBL 6x9s dont know which model as they were in the car when I bought it. I would take a look now but the car is in winter storage. Yes it looks like the holes were cut out so the front of the speaker is external to the box and its cage and magnet part (for lack of the correct term) sit inside the box. As I'm not sure that car had the sub hole cut I don't know how it will affect fitment. It's likely they all they all had the 4.5" hole from factory but im sure someone will confirm.
I will try get a couple of pictures for you over the weekend when I pop to my storage unit.
mrtwo-red

Post by mrtwo-red »

thats fine.
thanks

Return to “ICE and Security”