Power steering fluid alternative from halfords

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2_maverick

Power steering fluid alternative from halfords

Post by mr2_maverick »

I am an idiot, I have driving my car with power steering fluid half the cold level. That's measured after driving around for 40 minutes so I guess the fluid is quarter at hot. Anyway a search revealed this:

Fluid: TOYOTA POWER STEERING FLUID EH (Part No. 08886-01206) or equivalent

It's bugging me and halfrauds will be the only place open right now so can you suggest me an alternative fluid? I don't know if Toyota or Peugeot will be open tomorrow and I'm worried about the damage I have done. My ps system makes a whining noise when fully turned on cold so maybe I have damaged it.
#-o

At the moment it's got the gold stuff in there. PS light has never shown up btw.
Jayridium

Re: Power steering fluid alternative from halfords

Post by Jayridium »

I've used Slick 50 powersteering fluid in my mr2's before, works well, really nice velvety feeling to the steering, and you can get that from halfords :-)
mr2_maverick

Post by mr2_maverick »

[quote="Jayridium"]I've used Slick 50 powersteering fluid in my mr2's before, works well, really nice velvety feeling to the steering, and you can get that from halfords :-)[/quote]

Thanks mate I managed to get the Toyota stuff :)
gips

Post by gips »

I am using the below product successfully. For over 5 years. Changed twice already. No problems with the pump motor, also i think it has something inside that can reduce the leak of your rack for a while....not that its too hard to remove the rack from this car for refresh tho.....

http://www.commaoil.com/commercial-vehi ... /223/PSF1L

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”