www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
5SGTE Track Car - Running, again. But still not mapped...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C35Rob
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That exhaust and intercooler pipework looks lovely, congratulations [thumleft]
shane34

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Looks great mate. be interested to know what noise this makes do wise with the silencer that long. What size have you gone for?
J-1

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Been a while...

Car is back home. Not 100% finished, but close.

Mapping has been booked and cancelled twice already for various reasons. However, I am due to get a base map on the car this week all going to plan, but I've got a feeling something is going to go wrong and I'll have to reschedule mapping again. It's the closest it's been to being finished, but it's genuinely the closest I've been to saying xxxx it and putting it up for sale...

Anyway... how it looks just now:

No hose clips on the left hand side as this pipe will be removed for wiring to be finished for the ECU.
ashley
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 55

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Have you had it running yet? It looks great, I'm sure it's gonna be a beast!!
Magic Beans
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The engine looks tiny next to the boot set-up! [Laughing]

It all looks so good though [Drool]
craig

Feedback Score: 141

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Glad you've finally got it back mate.

Looks great. [thumleft]
Gee Man
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 57

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That pipe work looks insane mate!!!

So close now mate...you'll be on track in no time [thumleft] [Cool]
androo007
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

NICE! What's been the challenges that have been so fustrating? What's left to do?

I'm half tempted to build a 5s on the side you see....
J-1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Car is away to RA Motorsport in Perth on Monday to have the final bits of wiring done, and then its booked on the dyno on Wednesday for running in and mapping with Russ Paton.
shane34

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

How did you fair up mate?

Got a video of that exhaust
J-1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Not great...

Dropped the car off on Monday as agreed verbally on the phone two weeks ago. I was told at the time I booked it on the phone that there was 18 cars on the list and today (Wednesday 16th August) was the first available slot on the dyno, so obviously I agreed to take that slot. I was also told to drop the car off on Monday 14th to allow the final bits of wiring that were outstanding - no problem.

Phoned them yesterday afternoon around 3pm to see how they were getting on and was told they hadn't even started it and it was only being brought inside the workshop at 5.30pm yesterday...

Since I had booked the car in for running in and mapping on the dyno (6 hour slot) I wanted to be there for at least half of it, so phoned today at 1pm to see how it was getting on and what time it'd be on the dyno as I would have to arrange the transporter for collecting it (no MOT, tax or insurance yet) and then drive through (1 hour), to then be told that in fact I wasn't even booked in the xxxxxx diary!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is twice this has happened now so, naturally, I expressed my frustration and how xxxxx off I am about it. I was told that they started the wiring today but it wasn't as straight forward as the instruction I gave them (don't know xxxxxx how?!), and that my slot wasn't available on the dyno as they have booked other cars on since I wasn't in the diary. They said they'll try and get mines on first thing tomorrow morning if the wiring goes smoothly.
Been told they'll phone me when it's on the dyno, but I'll be calling first thing as i am beyond pi$$ed off.

I know I'm close to finishing the car, but I am genuinely at the end of my rope with the xxxxxx thing. I've still got a feeling there's going to be something else that crops up tomorrow as well... I'm close to throwing the towel in.

Beam me xxxxxx up!!!! [Mad]
androo007
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Any news?
J-1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Been a while since my last update.

And I've still not got much to report (just now!) as the car isn't finished! [Crying or Very sad]

Very briefly, for now, an engine related issue was encountered after the car was started for the first time which resulted in the car going back down to Peter.

He's had it for 4 weeks now.
Mapping session was re-booked for Tuesday 26th September however that has been cancelled. Again.

That's all I am saying on the matter at the moment.

Absolutely sick fed-up with this now.
rev2rich
Premium Member

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What was the problem on the engine ? ( only want to know as I am building my 5S engine?) can pm me if you wish to keep under wraps for now

Many thanks Rich
J-1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

rev2rich wrote:
What was the problem on the engine ? ( only want to know as I am building my 5S engine?) can pm me if you wish to keep under wraps for now

Many thanks Rich

Will update this thread at a later date. It's nothing 5S related so you should be cool - don't worry. [thumleft]
J-1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Didn't realise it was September that I last updated this.

Long story short, car still isn't mapped and it's still with Peter.
Hoping to have it home very soon pending the outcome of one issue.
androo007
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

wow.
Dale_V

Feedback Score: 49

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

androo007 wrote:
wow.

sums it up
MR2 Turbo Boy
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 16

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

a definite wow......
J-1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah it's been a long drawn out road for many reasons. However, the car is running again - and that's the main thing.

Watch this space...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: