Starting how powered mr2

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bolton

Starting how powered mr2

Post by bolton »

Hi my mr2 has been sat in my garage for 2.5 years without been started! Life got in the way unfortunately. House purchase and child! Lol!
The time has come to get her useable again. Shes very tuned, any tips on starting her? Charge battery and turn her over? Oil looks clean on dipstick.
Cheers
androo007

Re: Starting how powered mr2

Post by androo007 »

It would be worth having a quick Google on the best way to remove the ignition and crank it over until you get some oil pressure first. After that long I'd not want to start it dry but that's just personal preference.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

My turbo was sat in the garage for 3+ years and I’ve just put a new battery on a turned the key, vroom..... fired straight up \:D/
Draven

Post by Draven »

I would say, change the oil take the sparkies out turn her over a couple of times to get the oil pressure up.

Then fire away.. :thumleft:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Draven wrote:I would say, change the oil take the sparkies out turn her over a couple of times to get the oil pressure up.

For sure. Also, remove the EFI fuse first so you aren't squirting fuel into the cylinders and then ejecting it out of the spark plug holes! :lol:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

On the subject of fuel, what's in there may not be any good. If it's nearly empty just fill it up with a couple gallons, that should be enough to dilute anything left in there that's no good.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Gazza_DJ wrote:
Draven wrote:I would say, change the oil take the sparkies out turn her over a couple of times to get the oil pressure up.

For sure. Also, remove the EFI fuse first so you aren't squirting fuel into the cylinders and then ejecting it out of the spark plug holes! :lol:

lol yeah that too

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”