Tsia's 1995 Rev 3 turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tsia

Re: Tsia's 1995 Rev 3 turbo

Post by Tsia »

Last night I prayed to the wheel fairy and today my wish was granted! :D

Nothing special - Japan Racing JR3s, only unlike the current wheels, they're the correct size, width and offset for the car :lol:

Going to keep them off until the welding work has been done on the sills, mind.
Draven

Post by Draven »

they are very nice. :thumleft: Looking forward to seeing them on the car
Draven

Post by Draven »

I love white wheels.
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Great looking wheels, really tempted to get same..

What sizes did you go for as I have been finding it a bit confusing :D

Cheers
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

These are 17x8 front (215 tyres) and 17x9 rear (245 tyres) both ET35.

I took the recommendation from Benjo in this thread here, where he has the same wheels fitted to his MR2 (there's also some pictures in a link so you can see how they'll sit on the car):

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... t=#1695492
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Cheers mate will take a look.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

I'm trying not to post pictures of things that aren't fitted yet, or not going to be fitted within the next week, buuuut I'm pretty hyped about getting this on the car ASAP :D

Seems to line up nicely, but I've got a few other bits of bodywork to get on before I get this fitted, all of which will be revealed in due course 8)
Tareim

Post by Tareim »

I've been tempted to get one of those, my only issue is how odd it looks with the pop up covers being body colour still
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Tareim wrote:I've been tempted to get one of those, my only issue is how odd it looks with the pop up covers being body colour still

Heh, I intentionally didn't get headlight covers to keep this 'effect' - I really like how that looks. But yeah, you can get carbon headlight covers and have the bonnet area fully carbon'd off as it were :)
Tareim

Post by Tareim »

Tsia wrote:
Tareim wrote:I've been tempted to get one of those, my only issue is how odd it looks with the pop up covers being body colour still

Heh, I intentionally didn't get headlight covers to keep this 'effect' - I really like how that looks. But yeah, you can get carbon headlight covers and have the bonnet area fully carbon'd off as it were :)

ah damn it, why'd you have to tell me there was cf head light covers, I can already feel my wallet getting lighter... :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

Nice work, I personally prefer stock body, but looking forward to seeing how the car turns out. :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

craig wrote:Nice work, I personally prefer stock body, but looking forward to seeing how the car turns out. :thumleft:

Ehh, I can appreciate a nice stock bodied car, but I find them too boring for me to own - especially as this isn't a daily driver, just a toy :)
craig

Post by craig »

Fair enough dude :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

craig wrote:Fair enough dude :thumleft:

:D

Suffice to say the car will be quite 'marmite' when it's done - but I've spent the past few years having a universally appealing car (OEM kitted Supra with just a TRD wing) so I felt like it was time to build the MR2 I always wanted :wink:
craig

Post by craig »

Go for it. Tuned in :D
Draven

Post by Draven »

Tsia wrote:
craig wrote:Fair enough dude :thumleft:

:D

Suffice to say the car will be quite 'marmite' when it's done - but I've spent the past few years having a universally appealing car (OEM kitted Supra with just a TRD wing) so I felt like it was time to build the MR2 I always wanted :wink:

Its your car have at it dude :thumleft:
Tareim

Post by Tareim »

agree with Draven, it's how I'm doing mine, an IDGAF if others hate it but if people love it then :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Mostly been working on the bodywork (fitting new spats, stonechipping the new sills etc...) and due to some unforseen bolt breakages I'm having to wait for a few tools to arrive to remove the front bumper. Annoyingly, the previous owner has disconnected all the aircon stuff (presumably in the turbo conversion done 7+ years ago) but left the rad in... which has now turned to dust, so I've got a bit more to do on the front end of the car than I thought.

However, I did want to end the weekend on a high note and therefore got around to fitting my new seats :)

Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Not had too much time recently, so she's mostly sat there lonely (plus with the snow and cold weather, I haven't really felt like working on the car!) - thought I'd spend at least 20 minutes today though and get the new bonnet fitted:

Fitment is alright, it could do with a little adjusting here and there, though.

Left to do this week is finish sanding my side pods (now single vent, will post pictures of completed vents when finished) and test fitting the new wheels. I was going to fit the new front bumper & side skirts myself, but I'm probably going to take those in to the bodyshop to get done before they spray it.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Looking good. Get those seats out and give them a clean!!?

Return to “Member Profiles”