www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pistol pete
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

good man.. i hate blanks on the dash... [Smile]
half leathers.... [tongue]
Magic Beans
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

craig wrote:
Tiny update [Mr. Green]

I decided that because I don't smoke, I'd get a cigarette lighter dust cap to keep the new socket clean and free of crap. Introducing a genuine Audi cigarette lighter blank:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]https://i.imgur.com/dDD14J5.jpg[/url]

Sand it back and get rid of the lettering [Mr. Green]
craig

Feedback Score: 141

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

pistol pete wrote:
good man.. i hate blanks on the dash... [Smile]
half leathers.... [tongue]

Cheers mate [thumleft]

No half leathers!!

Magic Beans wrote:
craig wrote:
Tiny update [Mr. Green]

I decided that because I don't smoke, I'd get a cigarette lighter dust cap to keep the new socket clean and free of crap. Introducing a genuine Audi cigarette lighter blank:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]https://i.imgur.com/dDD14J5.jpg[/url]

Sand it back and get rid of the lettering [Mr. Green]

No [Mr. Green]
craig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Time for a slight update. My Stack oil temp gauge stopped working. I found if I wiggled the plug at the sender, it started working again.

So, rear wheel off, car up on axle stands, I disconnected the plug and scraped the contact points clean and followed up with contact cleaner. All nice and shiny contacts and a clean plug. I left it disconnected to dry out.

Once reconnected and car back together, I took it out for a test run. Thought all was good, oil temp rising on the gauge....

...but then it stopped at 65 degrees and wouldn't go higher than that on an hours drive! Then it dropped to 59 degrees while still on the same drive.

I'm putting it down to a dodgy sender unit.

So with the oil temp out of action, I thought I don't really look at the other 2 gauges, and think the cabin would look better without them.

So, dash panels off, I disconnected the gauges and refitted the stock Toyota blank plate under the stereo.

For now the wiring for the gauges is just insulated and tie wrapped up behind the dash. I'll remove it at some point in the future and remove the oil filter sandwich plate when I next change the oil.

Interior looking much cleaner:

I love oem! [Very Happy]

And a quick pic from my test run out. Probably going to be hibernation time for the car soon, as the weather gets worse towards winter.

I'm on the look out for a factory rev 2+ front lip too, and a pair of front under trays as my next project.

TTFN [salut]
Madabout
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Craig,

Hope your keeping well?

It is getting to that time for winter hibernation.

Cheers

James.
craig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Madabout wrote:
Hi Craig,

Hope your keeping well?

It is getting to that time for winter hibernation.

Cheers

James.

Hey James,

Keeping well thanks mate! It appears I couldn't just shove all the wiring behind the dash, so am now attempting to locate the problem with the oil temp gauge.

Dash panels back off...... [Laughing]

Trying to get the car out when I can, get as much use out of it before putting it away over winter [thumleft]

I may have also sourced a stock front lip, TBC.

Craig
Tareim

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

that's quite the transformation you've done going from a breakers parts car to what you've got now [thumleft]

craig wrote:

And a quick pic from my test run out. Probably going to be hibernation time for the car soon, as the weather gets worse towards winter.

funny how you say yours is going to hibernation, I've just bought one for winter use so I can take my vx220 off the road for winter [Laughing]
craig

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Tareim wrote:
that's quite the transformation you've done going from a breakers parts car to what you've got now [thumleft]

craig wrote:

funny how you say yours is going to hibernation, I've just bought one for winter use so I can take my vx220 off the road for winter [Laughing]

Cheers buddy! [thumleft]

VX220 eh, nice, is it a turbo? [Cool]

My car was pictured (along with everyone elses!) on entry to JAE 2017. Nice to see a rolling shot of me driving! This has to be my favourite pic of the car so far, and I feel, in it's best guise. Stock bodywork with the deeper Aeroware front PU lip.

[thumleft]
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 36

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Awesome photo that mate, I really like it! [Cool]

craig wrote:
My car was pictured (along with everyone elses!)

All except my Evo

My MR2 Build - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Tareim

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

craig wrote:

Cheers buddy! [thumleft]

nah just the n/a, still bloody quick though
craig

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

JAAASH wrote:
Awesome photo that mate, I really like it! [Cool]

craig wrote:
My car was pictured (along with everyone elses!)

All except my Evo Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://emoticons.datahamster.com/bawling.gif[/url]

Cheers mate!

Wonder if the photographer was busy paying a call when you rocked up? [Think]

Tareim wrote:
craig wrote:

Cheers buddy! [thumleft]

nah just the n/a, still bloody quick though

I bet! Weigh bu88er all!! [thumleft]
Magic Beans
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Worth every penny that photo [Whistle] [Mr. Green]
ads

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Why the change to stock front lip?
craig

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Magic Beans wrote:
Worth every penny that photo [Whistle] [Mr. Green]

Certainly was! [Wink] [Mr. Green]

ads wrote:
Why the change to stock front lip?

I'm not changing it now, keeping the Aeroware after seeing the pic above! [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: