Heater pipes from hell bypass ( Hose routes)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SKD

Heater pipes from hell bypass ( Hose routes)

Post by SKD »

Anyone with aircon manage to route the heater pipe bypass mod successfully below the fuel tank?
I have a Rev 3 Turbo GT and the aircon pipes are making this mod difficult.
There is no room on the LH side of the central fuel tank support.
The heater hose I've bought is 19mm ID with 28mm OD.

I've tried cutting away some of the foam coating around the air con pipe but there is about 16mm of space at best.

I may have to buy some smaller hose with connector reducers and run it through the tight spots .

Any tips?

pbmr2

Re: Heater pipes from hell bypass ( Hose routes)

Post by pbmr2 »

take the fuel tank out and go over the top. can take the ripped rigid pipe out at the same time then. it's not that much more work.
SKD

Re: Heater pipes from hell bypass ( Hose routes)

Post by SKD »

Thanks I had a full tank when I did it so did not want to drop it. If there is a job in the future where the tank is dropped I will do it properly then.

In the end there was no room for the bigger hose access all the way to the front.
I had to run both 19mm ID hoses to the handbrake cable and fuel tank central support bracket. I then used 19mm to 13mm barbed hose reducer/connector to allow me to run 13mm ID hoses (20mm OD) to the frunk and connect the same connectors onto the heater hoses in there.

Been running like that for over a month now with no issues. Hopefully this will help any aircon owners with hose routes.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”