1994 Forged Rev 3 Turbo 445hp

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

androo007

1994 Forged Rev 3 Turbo 445hp

Post by androo007 »

Hi Guys,

Well... I guess the time has come. Up for sale is my Super Red, Rev 3 1994 MR2 GTS Turbo which I've owned for the last 3-4 years and spent every spare penny I own on it.

You'll probably see this post keep updating as i remember things, post pictures etc.

I bought the car from an elderly man in Wales in 2013 who had it garaged completely standard. Just what I was after.

After driving for a while as alwyas happens with me the word "project" car sprung into my head.... and so it began....the road to a 450hp machine and of course goes like stink.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=188554

Anyway, thats 21 pages. Here's a summary of what's for sale today.

General Car Details:

1994 GTS Registered in UK 1999.
90,000 miles
MOT July 2018 - No Advisories on last test

Engine Details:

Rev 2 block
86.5mm Wossner 8.0:1 pistons
Eagle Forged Rods with ARP Pins
ACL Race Bearings
ARP Headstuds
255 lt/hr Walbro Pump
800cc SARD Side Feed Injectors
Standard Rev 3 Turbo head - these are good to flow 500hp easy.
1zz COP Ignition system - can't recommend enough
Custom made Chargecooler system - core rated to flow 1000hp.
ACT HD Clutch - 499ft/lb rated
All new pumps, hoses from hell, the lot.
GT3076 Turbo with .82 hotside, 0.60 cold side.
Tial 38mm external wastegate
Downpipe re-routed back into exhaust
JapSpeed Exhaust System (3")
HUGE 4" K&N Filter and custom intake
AEM Water Meth kit with 500cc nozzle. Used for safety, not mapped.

Engine Management and Tracking

Link G4 ECU - fully mapped hot and cold. Launch Control Enabled but not used (just goes pop pop at 4k)
Alan Bryson Centre Console: STACK Oil temp, pressure and boost gauges professionally wired in

Wheels and Suspension:

16" ROTA Alloys sitting on Yoko AD08r tyres. Hold the power perfectly. Best tyres I've ever used. Rears have seen about 500 miles.
Cusco front strut brace
Yellow Bilstein struts wiht Apec Springs.

Other

Toad Cat 1 Alarm: 2 Fobs, 2 Keys.
Rev 1 black interior (much better!)
Bryson oem boost gauge delete (stock is the pits!)
Upgraded white Speedo bulbs so you can see at night (Not chav)
Upgraded speakers all around

Why I chose the things I did.....

Rev 2 block - It's known that the Rev 3 block have more instances of poor castings, leading to more frequent cylinder 2/3 splits. To reduce that, I went Rev 2. Easy decision!

Chargecooler - I had the radtec system and the cores just dont flow well past 400hp, so i decided to futureproof myself and go for the daddy. It's shoehorned into the bay (done with much love by Predator Performance I must add). The Americans use the smaller, 600hp rated core for 400hp no problem but I wanted better flow without bottlenecks.

GT3076: Combination of power and Spool. And I preferred the non-screamer option.

JapSpeed: These are reported by ATS for flowing REALLY well. No brainer!

The bad bits (every car has them!)

- The paintwork isnt concourse. I was more concerned about buying a straight, unabused straight Rev 3 turbo, which is hard to find. It's had bits sprayed in the past, and looks fine. But no point trying to hide what buyers would see on close inspection. All paintwork done to a good standard with no peel, laquer yuckiness or anything like that.

So why are you selling?

I'm always the same. I finish a project, and I immediately look for something else. Although this car has headroom for more (see below) I've been offered some oppertunities that I want to persue, which sadly isn't in this car.

In the sale I am willing to add in as extras.....

I've got a set of UBER RARE GSC S1 GEN 3 cams on their way - 268 degrees, 105 / 10.2 lift. In and mapped this should see the car at 500hp.

Genuine Rev 5 Spoiler

Spare block - a 99 3S NA block. This has the strengthened water pump area just like the 5s block got later on. You never know....!

What's it going to cost me for the car?

Offers around £9,250. I will not sell any parts above - the whole car has to go or nothing and i'll most likely carry on and enjoy it. And believe me, that's making a hefty loss!

This is not some ropey, 3rd hand car that's had multiple people fiddle and muck around with it. It's a fresh build that's done 3k, and finished off by Predator Performance to an excellent standard. Almost all items are brand new including the turbo, gauges etc etc. Even a new radiator and alternator!

The car starts, idles and runs excellently whether it's hot or cold. Windy or sunny. It just works. New owners may wish to change the bodywork - personally I love sleepers 8)

I've missed off lots of other things such as ICE, general maintenence updates and things changed as needed, but that's standard and nothing new to write home about. The car has been cherished and loved, and I've done nothing the cheap way, or myself other than things I am 100% competent to do.

Please - no comments about your opinions - if you're interested then please PM me.

Cheers,

Andy 8)
Last edited by androo007 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MR2 Turbo Boy

Re: 1994 Forged Rev 3 Turbo 445hp

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Good luck with the sale buddy..:)
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

So many people spend a mortgage building a car then as soon as it's finished they sell up without reeping the rewards, noticed this 20 years ago, someone is in for a total bargin, :shock:
fastasfkk

SELLING

Post by fastasfkk »

ANDY GET THE CAMS IN. REMAP. WIND UP THE BOOST KEEP IT :D
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Return to “MR2s for Sale”