www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Did they make MR2 Turbo's in this colour?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mk2too

Feedback Score: 3

1993 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Did they make MR2 Turbo's in this colour? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi all,

I'm due to look at an MR2 on Sunday, the owner says its a Turbo and it has the raised vents (I know this could be a swap) and its a tin top so assuming an import at the least?

Its very local so i'm not fussed if I get there and its not a turbo but if they never made one in that colour then i guess there would be no point in even going.

He says its a 93 and is a 'twin turbo' which fills me with a bit more confidence as i'm assuming he's reading the 'twin entry turbo' bit on the intake manifold...the irony of it all eh...

This is the car...

https://image.ibb.co/hxnJ8w/mr2.png
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 139

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yep, they did rev 2 turbos in that colour I believe. Tin top and raised vents. It's either a G LTD with turbo lid and possibly a turbo engine, or a rev 2 turbo.
mk2too

1993 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Lovely, thank you so it is looking more promising.

Its been...erm...tastefully modified with a large spoiler but that aside it looks factory but only time will tell!

I will update on Sunday...
danjama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Love that colour. Azure blue?

Check for import paperwork in the history, and check the dials to see if they've been changed for 180mph ones (delimited). There should also be toblerone lights on the front strips, the uk cars had plain strips with the indicators in the wings. Let us know how it goes.
gavsdavs
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

UK cars have indicators in the front wings (they are oblong in your image), imports tend to have the side inficators in front of the wheel arches in the side strips.

This suggests yours is a UK car (or has UK wings), however the oblong shape isnt common, they're usually more square in shape.

Secondly, there isn't a 'twin turbo' (at least from the factory), it's a twin entry turbo. Post engine bay photos for more info.
Rob

Feedback Score: 10

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah they did rev 2s in this colour and turbo. I know because I have a UK car in this colour which I converted to turbo and spent years getting hold of genuine turbo side stripes in the denim blue colour.

The car on your link is definitely an import at least because it is a tin top.
Rob66

Feedback Score: 1

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi mate

I had a Rev2 in this colour for 5 years. It's called Zircon Blue and still one of the best in my opinion.

The imports also have a slightly different air vent on the centre of the dash, they don't have the central 'wheel' to shut the vents off like the UK cars do.

[Very Happy]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: