www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Clutch alignment tool

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marty J

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Clutch alignment tool Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Where can I get a good clutch alignment tool without paying silly shipping prices ?

I need a clutch alignment tool for '93 turbo. I would prefer using one that's designed for the turbo model rather than a universal as I'm installing a Carbonetic twin plate clutch.
Marty J

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I managed to find one specifically for the MR2 Turbo on RockAuto for 9.24 delivered to Ireland.

PIONEER (TAT-5395) Clutch Alignment Tool.
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've never used one unless the kit comes with it.
Marty J

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The whole kit came with a lightened flywheel and twin plate clutch, but no alignment tool.
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

just line it up with whatever you have to hand, get your finger in there to check it's bang on. then torque up the nuts. sorted.
Marty J

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That's basically what I did with my wife's old Ford Ka.

I read that it's a bit more tricky with a twin plate. Anyway I ordered the clutch alignment tool. I will let you know how I get on.
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

used the same method on an os giken twin plate, maybe took a couple more minutes to get it all lined up.
Marty J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The clutch alignment tool arrived today. I can confirm that it fits correctly.

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 36

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice [thumleft]
I usually end up wrapping a drill bit with masking tape to the right thickness for my twin plate. May have to invest in one of these to make life a bit easier next time round!

My MR2 Build - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: