www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Ben's 5S-GTE Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan_uk
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 24

1999 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

this is going to be awesome

cant wait to see it progress [Smile]

[thumleft]
BTWW
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So a few weeks ago I cracked the Greddy exhaust manifold that's currently fitted to my MR2 again. This has been a constant problem since fitting it and has been welded back together and braced several times. The cracking was just too extensive to fix this time though.

Happily I had picked up a spare a while ago, albeit a top-mount. This meant that I'd need to make up new oil lines, down pipe, screamer pipe, and fit the new charge cooler core and intake I had for fitting the 5S.

Turbo mocked up and oil lines made.

Next I made up the downpipe and screamer out of 304 stainless pipe and 316 stainless for the brackets. Also decided to swap all my exhaust flanges for vbands.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BWalden/media/MR2/20160220_1532431.jpg.html]

Braced the screamer against the block and used a small flexi section in an effort to prevent cracking.

[/URL]

Downpipe finished and o2 sensors fitted.

Swapped the rear exhaust flange for a v-band for easy removal later.

Whilst everything was apart I discovered that my drivers side exhaust mount had snapped off of the exhaust. Replaced the broken half with 316 stainless.

Big air filter fitted.

Charge cooler core mounting bracket made up and fitted.

All inlet hoses fitted using Murray turbo seal clamps.

mr2turbo333

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

dam man wish u was doin this for me on an engine i want to do the same thing but i wouldnt be able to do it . lucky u

hows this project goin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: