M793UMO - Anybody recognise this car?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tsia

M793UMO - Anybody recognise this car?

Post by Tsia »

So, this is soon to be mine after a look over and test drive, anybody recognise this?

Sills are of course rusty, but I couldn't see much else up with it. Any info on the car appreciated!
danjama

Re: M793UMO - Anybody recognise this car?

Post by danjama »

The plate rings a bell and I knew it was a white turbo before the image loaded. Not sure where I know it from.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

It's been advertised on Gumtree etc. for a few days prior to me picking up the advert. I couldn't see anything drastically wrong with it when I drove it, so unless someone comes up with a real killer bit of history, I'll be picking it up on Saturday :)
androo007

Post by androo007 »

The last MOT states both rear inner arches..... I'm guessing rotten. Hope you got it for a price which allows for some welding! I'd bet rear sill right through to and under rear bumper.

Needs a new set of tyres too.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Yup, spotted that. Definitely needs the sills welding up and the tyres are not only very low on tread, they're the wrong size on the wrong size wheels for the car. Definitely changing those out ASAP. Beyond those (which I assume is the immediate previous owner) every other 'mod' etc. appears to be very well done (by the owner before last I can only assume). Proper Lockwood dials, Rev 3 turbo engine put in by Rogue etc.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Cool! Most unless garaged need some sort of bodywork to a degree now so as log as you go in eyes open and account for that you're golden. When you get it pop off the side vents and rear bumper and that'll tell you the extend of the rot.

Do love a white mr2. Looks great
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

Rust is the main issues with these cars, everything else is just bolted to the chassis so can be sorted more easily.

If you are happy to deal with the rust and expect to find a bit more than you currently know of, then it should be all good. providing the engine is strong it should be a fun car :D

Nothing else in the MOT history stands out really.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”