www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Mk2 2gr supercharged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosssco

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What ECU are you using Paul?

I ask as I seen this while browsing for something else:

https://www.scs-delta.co.uk/product-page/lotus-evora

Not cheap granted, but then for an (almost) PnP harness with a base calibration, and spec, its pretty interesting for the 2GR posse..
gavsdavs
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Rosssco wrote:

Not cheap granted, but then for an (almost) PnP harness with a base calibration, and spec, its pretty interesting for the 2GR posse..

Interesting - I might strike up a conversation with them for testimonials.
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Company

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Interesting indeed, although with the stock Lotus ECU being mappable I wonder what the point is?

It's one of the reasons I went for full Lotus Evora ECU/loom etc
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 13

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 V6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

gavsdavs wrote:
Rosssco wrote:

Interesting - I might strike up a conversation with them for testimonials.

Let us know if you do.
Rosssco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PW@Woodsport wrote:
Interesting indeed, although with the stock Lotus ECU being mappable I wonder what the point is?

It's one of the reasons I went for full Lotus Evora ECU/loom etc

I presume if you want an open source ECU with all the additional feature it offers.. Variable slip traction control and launch control would be particularly handy features which can't currently be integrated with the standard Evora ECU IIRC.

Plus there are limited places that can calibrate the Lotus ECU (and is it completely open, or restricted to just modifying tables etc.?), where as an additional modifications can be implemented anywhere and mapped by essentially anyone.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wix-anyfile/TKMXGJq1Tq6RNDJuzywQ_Delta%20800.pdf
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Company

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Fair points, I just guessed most people would only want the ability to tweak the maps, including me, which the stock ECU offers.

Looks like a good option for those that want more than that I suppose.

I'm a big fan of factory tunes, big manufacturers spend millions getting it right, rarely do I see a car running on a standalone that cold starts well, idles perfectly or doesn't have the need for constant tinkering, plus you're very much at the mercy of the tuner.

Of course I can never go standalone anyway due to my Evora Canbus network communicating with the dash, the ABS module and the TPMS.

Looks great for those that want to go crazy though.
Rosssco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Paul,

Yep, if you're happy with the OEM calibration level, and don't need the additional functionality (e.g. traction control is probably on a big deal if you drive a lot in poor / variable road conditions) then its an unnecessary expense..

On the calibration, I guess it really depends on how much time / effort has been put into the development side. as there's no reason you cannot get OEM levels of drivability and day-to-day use from modern non-OEM ECU's. I was working on the basis that the 'base' map was suitable for a standard Evora.

And yep, you could use this ECU as it has CAN-Bus operation (according to the spec) so will operate all dash and ancillary functions - I presume they are offering it to Evora owners will want to retain all the existing functionality of their cars (not sure if it retains the standard stability systems, not applicable to MR2's anyway!) rather than aimed squarely at the race car market - part of the reason this one piqued my interest was the offering of road car integration.

Anyway, yep its another option for someone potentially!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: