www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Mr2 turbo caliper rebuild kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caleb-mr2

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Mr2 turbo caliper rebuild kit Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi guys,

I need to get my calipers rebuilt front and back.

I'm having a hard time tracking down rebuild kits.
Does anyone know where to get them for a later model turbo.

Cheers!!
Hez
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

TCB Parts do them google them,also Big red do them aswell i think. Seen them on Ebay before.
qwakers

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

bigg red all day. and id just send them off to be rebuilt, they do a excellent job at a not very high price.
qwakers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

http://www.biggred.co.uk/brake-calipers
benjo
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Had all mine done by Big red early this year, came back like brand new
In red,cars never stopped so well [thumleft]
mr2garageswindon

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

BIGG RED [thumleft]
Kiddo
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 MK2 GT - T Bar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I bought a kit off of eBay (possibly BiggRed) and rebuilt some Rev2+ calipers for my Rev1 N/A. Not particularly hard to do (my first brake rebuild) and looked mint after cleaning up and respraying silver. Transformed the braking of my car too. I wouldn't want to tackle the rears though and luckily because the rears had already been upgraded, never will!
abovetherim

Feedback Score: 5

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Kiddo wrote:
I bought a kit off of eBay (possibly BiggRed) and rebuilt some Rev2+ calipers for my Rev1 N/A. Not particularly hard to do (my first brake rebuild) and looked mint after cleaning up and respraying silver. Transformed the braking of my car too. I wouldn't want to tackle the rears though and luckily because the rears had already been upgraded, never will!

That is until the hand brake mechanism gets seized up..... Fairly common failure point.
Not that terrible a job to do if you have the special nut tool from Toyota or an old rear piston you can cut open to get the nut out of!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: