Bimarco Futura Bucket seat with Rogue Motorsport Mounting frame

Parts for the Mk2 MR2 only (excluding bodywork and wheels/tyres)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Madabout

Bimarco Futura Bucket seat with Rogue Motorsport Mounting frame

Post by Madabout »

Selling a Bimarco Futura FIA Motorsport Bucket Seat. It is I believe with a Rogue Motorsport fixed mount rail so no adjustment once in. Sits you nice and low and looks good in a MK2 MR2. Overall good condition (1 minor mark). I am asking £120 collection only from near Gatwick Airport, West Sussex.

HughesR1

Re: Bimarco Futura Bucket seat with Rogue Motorsport Mounting frame

Post by HughesR1 »

Super interested in this. Can I ask if it works ok with the OEM seatbelt? I know some bucket seats are a bit dodgy with this but it would be ideal for daily usage otherwise! :D
1998 MR2 Rev5 NA (Road & Track)
1998 Porsche Boxster 986 (Weekend)
2007 Ford S-Max Titanium (Family Hack!)
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

HughesR1 wrote:Super interested in this. Can I ask if it works ok with the OEM seatbelt? I know some bucket seats are a bit dodgy with this but it would be ideal for daily usage otherwise! :D

It's a lovely seat. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a seat belt. I had it with a harness but belt would wrap round just need a seat belt retainer added.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

How big are you/what sort of size is the seat? :)
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

CalMac wrote:How big are you/what sort of size is the seat? :)

Further Info from manufacturer website.

•Fantastic for the taller driver due to having a longer back rest to most seats
•Monolithic construction of high durability
•Glass fibre re-inforced plastic shell mould
•Side mounted
•Belt guides for a4- or 6-point belt
•FIA homologation 8859/2000no: CS.212.08
•Especially for the larger driver
•Covers: We offer velour as the fabric type

Big and tall recommendation: We recommend this seat for drivers with a longer back. This is suitable for taller drivers up to 6ft 3-4" easily, its also a nice fit for driver up to a 36" waist.

Weight: Each Bimarco Futura seat is approximately 8.2kg in weight.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

This is My old seat.. I'm 6'2" and a 34" waist and it was a perfect fit for me,

I paid £300 for the seat (although they're a bit cheaper now) and about £120 for the rogue mount, it covered about 2000 miles on the road and hasn't been involved in any accidents etc.
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

C35Rob wrote:This is My old seat.. I'm 6'2" and a 34" waist and it was a perfect fit for me,

I paid £300 for the seat (although they're a bit cheaper now) and about £120 for the rogue mount, it covered about 2000 miles on the road and hasn't been involved in any accidents etc.

Thanks Rob for the info and appreciated. Hope all is good with you mate. It is a lovely seat and if it wasn't for the fact I wanted 2 period genuine jdm seats for your old/my car I wouldn't have changed it.

I have been away with work - a couple of interested peeps - so we will see if it sells or I make a better effort over next week or so.
ads

Post by ads »

Damn! Seriously interested but I'm in Shropshire/ mid Wales border area - any chance you're passing anytime soon and we could meet up? Even west mids would do. As a total long shot I'm at Manchester Barton airfield tomorrow at Jap2Jap show ? You never know ..
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

ads wrote:Damn! Seriously interested but I'm in Shropshire/ mid Wales border area - any chance you're passing anytime soon and we could meet up? Even west mids would do. As a total long shot I'm at Manchester Barton airfield tomorrow at Jap2Jap show ? You never know ..

My job does get me around. For example I was staying overnight in the West Midlands recently and picked some parts up while dropped something off while in Milton Keynes.

I know I would be in South Wales on night of 11th October 2017 if that is any good at the moment.
ads

Post by ads »

Madabout wrote:
ads wrote:Damn! Seriously interested but I'm in Shropshire/ mid Wales border area - any chance you're passing anytime soon and we could meet up? Even west mids would do. As a total long shot I'm at Manchester Barton airfield tomorrow at Jap2Jap show ? You never know ..

My job does get me around. For example I was staying overnight in the West Midlands recently and picked some parts up while dropped something off while in Milton Keynes.

I know I would be in South Wales on night of 11th October 2017 if that is any good at the moment.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm not near south Wales but do let me know if you or a friend is passing a bit nearer we can work something out for sure

Return to “Mk2”