Josh's Rev 3 Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Re: Josh's Rev 3 Turbo

Post by JAAASH »

:oops: Let this one go a little bit really haven't i #-o
I'll try and get it uldated for you when i get a chance Martin :wink: haha.

Another new vehicle purchase to announce as well :mrgreen: Although you'll have probably seen if you've got me on facebook!

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
JD

Post by JD »

Not being on facebork any more I have missed yer new car. What is it and what sort of state is your 2 in? Rob told me that you'd purchased a certain something from him recently! :thumleft:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Finally got round to fixing all my dead photobucket links last night. Massively overdue an update but i'll get round to it eventually :lol:

JD - Photo of the new(ish) daily. Mr2 is currently in bits. I shall try and get up to date with the state of affairs sometime soon :thumleft:

craig

Post by craig »

Love the Evo mate. Good to catch up at JAE!

Looking forward to updates on the '2 :D
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

craig wrote:Love the Evo mate. Good to catch up at JAE!

Looking forward to updates on the '2 :D

Cheers Craig, was good to catch up with you too. Took some better snaps of the Evo this afternoon so i'll get them on here once i've worked out how from the imgur mobile app.

Got a fair whack to catch up on from the mr2. From before the 2016 LeMans trip :oops: Gonna have to really rack my brain to make sure i dont forget anything #-o

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Little introduction for the Evo. She's a UK Evo 8 FQ300. It was taken back to the factory early on and had the FQ330 package fitted to it, so essentially a 330 with 300 stickers.
Totally standard, 1 owner from new(!) with 70k on the clock when i bought it.

Since my ownership, it's spent most of the time up on the ramp as the transfer box decided to spit it's dummy out. Not a cheap fix unfortunately :pale: Eventually got round to sorting it as well as fitting some Tein lowering springs and new front top mounts whilst it was up in the air.
Sits much nicer on the new springs, less body roll feels much better through the twisties.
Set of wind/rain deflectors fitted, purely for asthetics and a Sparco Evo bucket seat on a low Buddy Club sliding rail to lower me down and hold me in a bit tighter. Other than that, she'll be staying pretty standard as it's the daily so I don't want it to turn into another project car.

Obligatory photos...

Draven

Post by Draven »

Mmmmmm evo :thumleft:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

tis a good looking car, really enjoyed having a sit at jae :) is this the scotland car?
im defo considering some springs and ARBs for the scoob
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Draven wrote:Mmmmmm evo :thumleft:

Loved yours mate. Did I read that you sold it the other day?

pistol pete wrote:tis a good looking car, really enjoyed having a sit at jae :) is this the scotland car?
im defo considering some springs and ARBs for the scoob

Mr2 should be the Scotland car, hopefully. Evo will be the back-up if it's not ready.

Draven

Post by Draven »

JAAASH wrote:

Yes sadly I did, i loved that car but selling my house and wouldn't have a garage in the new place. So she had to go could imagine leaving her outside over winter.

I actually really regret selling now.
craig

Post by craig »

Really does look stunning Josh! I want one :mrgreen:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Draven wrote:
JAAASH wrote:

Yes sadly I did, i loved that car but selling my house and wouldn't have a garage in the new place. So she had to go could imagine leaving her outside over winter.

OMG !!!, You sold your evo dude, thought you had changed your mind ? What are your plans now ?

Your car looked so much like my old one, Did the way they jump up in value by about 5k benifit you or did you get caught up in that process before you bought it ?. nice motor but they eat the fuel and stick out like a sore thumb, well rid :wink:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Martin F wrote:
Draven wrote:
JAAASH wrote:

OMG !!!, You sold your evo dude, thought you had changed your mind ? What are your plans now ?

Your car looked so much like my old one, Did the way they jump up in value by about 5k benifit you or did you get caught up in that process before you bought it ?. nice motor but they eat the fuel and stick out like a sore thumb, well rid :wink:

Yes i sold, basically i decided to sell my house and move i'm moving to an area where i can't afford a house with garage and there was no way I was going to leave the Evo outside through the winter. I kinda got caught up in the middle of the increase in price so didn't make much out of selling. Pretty gutted really.

As regarding a replacement I don't think i'll get anything as sad as that is mainly because i won't have a garage. I'll stick with my daily for now until i can get another house with garage.

#-o
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Long overdue post.

I'll pick up where we left off with the mr2 last time round. It had just received a whole host of new parts; turbo, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, radiator and radiator fans to name a few.

Everything had been built back up ready for the imminent Japfest show that weekend and for mapping the following weekend.

Where we left off;

The underside to show new exhaust pipework, screamer and engine brace;

New US turbo badge and more stickers to feed my addiction;

Japfest Silverstone 2016

The following weekend was mapping again up in East Kilbride with Chris at Dyna Tune, using his hub dyno.

Not the weekend we'd hoped for but not totally unsuccessful.
A threaded bolt in the throttle body brought the day to a close in the form of a boost leak as we were pushing past 1.4bar iirc.
We'd managed to massively improve the drive-ability of the car and get the water/meth mapped in though, achieving a hub power figure 338 ponies.
Can't remember any other info off the top of my head and none of the paperwork is to hand but I'll update again when I find it.

Couple of videos from the day;

https://i.imgur.com/Pj5AIL4.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/gd0iuW9.mp4

Plan to return once the issues are sorted and try again.

editted to add videos with sound :clown:
Last edited by JAAASH on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

awesome dude! Good to see you posting again! I used Chris at Dynatune as well. Really knows his stuff! I used Russ Paton before that but wasn't overly impressed with his work ethic so went to Dynatune.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Ryan S wrote:awesome dude! Good to see you posting again! I used Chris at Dynatune as well. Really knows his stuff! I used Russ Paton before that but wasn't overly impressed with his work ethic so went to Dynatune.

Cheers man. Been putting it off forever!
Always been happy with Chris, shame he's so far away every time I want the car tweaking.
Only heard positive things about Russ but everybody has their experiences.
Your build is coming on well. I've been quietly following :thumleft:

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

JAAASH wrote:
Ryan S wrote:awesome dude! Good to see you posting again! I used Chris at Dynatune as well. Really knows his stuff! I used Russ Paton before that but wasn't overly impressed with his work ethic so went to Dynatune.

Always been happy with Chris, shame he's so far away every time I want the car tweaking.

He's a great mapper but both times he was 2 hours late for my session. My life revolves around my business and kids so I don't have 2 hours to stand about doing nothing. Same with Dynatune for me, it's not as far as you but still crap journey from me.

Is that your build all forged etc now? Last I knew you were pushing it on stock pistons and I think you said on facebook a ringland let go? Either way great to see this car again bud! I just have a wiring issue at the pump, 1000cc injectors to go in and remapped and it's done! well. the engine is done! I still need to refresh all the bushes and balljoints etc.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Ryan S wrote:
JAAASH wrote:

He's a great mapper but both times he was 2 hours late for my session. My life revolves around my business and kids so I don't have 2 hours to stand about doing nothing. Same with Dynatune for me, it's not as far as you but still crap journey from me.

Is that your build all forged etc now? Last I knew you were pushing it on stock pistons and I think you said on facebook a ringland let go? Either way great to see this car again bud! I just have a wiring issue at the pump, 1000cc injectors to go in and remapped and it's done! well. the engine is done! I still need to refresh all the bushes and balljoints etc.

Hmm, frustrating I bet!

Yes, been forged for a good while now. Bought a forged rev2 block from MartinF back in 2014.

Ah, you'll have fun replacing all the bushes. Have a look back at page 3 of this thread for my experience; messy work! :lol:

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ah I know the block you mean! Awesome man!! Ah I'll be sure to habe a nosey at that! Thanks dude!

What's the goal with the car? Got a power figure in mind? Apologies if you've already been over it.

EDIT: Just checked page 3. it does indeed look like a total nightmare. I assume the car felt very different after doing all those parts? I'm doing the same apart from the steering rack arms.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Ryan S wrote:Ah I know the block you mean! Awesome man!! Ah I'll be sure to habe a nosey at that! Thanks dude!

What's the goal with the car? Got a power figure in mind? Apologies if you've already been over it.

EDIT: Just checked page 3. it does indeed look like a total nightmare. I assume the car felt very different after doing all those parts? I'm doing the same apart from the steering rack arms.

Fast road car. Around 400 power wise but as long as it's an animal with reliability I'll be happy :twisted:

The polybushing made a massive difference. Much improved. As does a good geo setup, which I'll show more of my setup in the next update :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”