[Mk2] [Turbo] Radio ISO cable

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rossonza
Premium Member

[Mk2] [Turbo] Radio ISO cable

Post by rossonza »

Ive been given a radio by a friend to go into the mr2. Ive had a look on ebay and some cables say "not for import cars" some dont.

Any ideas if there is actually a difference?

or can i just order say: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-RO ... Swc-tY58kT

Thanks
Ross.
:thumleft:
Bear87

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Radio ISO cable

Post by Bear87 »

I had this issue on some of my mr2s. I think the reason was most imports and some uk cars had a premium audio system which consisted of the factory stereo using amps hidden behind the dash to power the speakers. When normal stereo fitted there is no output. Can be resolved with an adaptor plug think I got mine from Halfords for about £10. :thumleft:
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Bear87 wrote:I had this issue on some of my mr2s. I think the reason was most imports and some uk cars had a premium audio system which consisted of the factory stereo using amps hidden behind the dash to power the speakers. When normal stereo fitted there is no output. Can be resolved with an adaptor plug think I got mine from Halfords for about £10. :thumleft:

i cant see any obvious extra wiring. so presume i didnt have the upgraded sound setup.

the old owner did fit their own audio setup with those mini amps in each door. but as their after market i presume this is different to thefactory upgraded setup
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Sounds like it's been mucked around with alot in the past.
Sometimes it's easier to start fresh sounds like you have power to new stereo. Would just mean tracing speaker cables to wire directly to stereo output plug. It's far far from oem set up but it will work. It's hard to know whats missing when someone has ripped out wiring they shouldn't have!
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Bear87 wrote:Sounds like it's been mucked around with alot in the past.
Sometimes it's easier to start fresh sounds like you have power to new stereo. Would just mean tracing speaker cables to wire directly to stereo output plug. It's far far from oem set up but it will work. It's hard to know whats missing when someone has ripped out wiring they shouldn't have!

looks like ive got some fun to be had hey........ ](*,)

Return to “ICE and Security”