www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Mk2 2gr supercharged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torero
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 64

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Get your finger out Woodsy, can't let paying customers get in the way of progress [Very Happy] [Very Happy] [Very Happy]

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I know, those horrible people that keep giving me money to work on their cars.... they're so selfish. [Very Happy]

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Money . . . . . . what's that ? [scratch]

OK, so you're too busy scratching your, erm working on other cars.

Just don't leave us hanging too long.
Torero
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PW@Woodsport wrote:
I know, those horrible people that keep giving me money to work on their cars.... they're so selfish. [Very Happy]
[Very Happy] [Very Happy] [Very Happy]
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ok so following a few nudges from people to update the project we decided to put a few hours into the car.

I've managed to source a second hand Yellow speed racing big brake conversion kit, these feature 6 pot front calipers on 325mm bell mounted discs, and a 300mm four pot rear caliper with integrated spot brake caliper for the handbrake, pretty cool, although it all does need a good clean up and servicing before fitting.

Old v new....

Integrated spot brake.... this allows me to use any size rear caliper I like.

Quick trial fit to check wheel clearance...

So we put a few hours into the bodywork, still a very long way to go, but the basic extended TRD wing shape is getting closer, I love the new 944'esque shape to the panels, and looking forward to smoothing off the sharp swage edge they currently have, but they need to stay for reference until the last minute.

I have plans to have these panels possibly molded in future so that a customer could have an extended TRD kit fitted and also for my own use.

As you can see, working with P40 and filler is a time consuming and messy job.

Bowed wider shape much nicer than the slab sided TRD panel in my opinion....

Front wing shaping up nicely...

There's about 20-30 hours left in this side of the car before high build primer goes on.

It's a hard slog but she will get there one day!
Jevansio

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wheels and arches do look epic, can only be described as "mean as f**k", imagine seeing it go on the road!
Marty J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What have you got to show us this month, Paul ?
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nothing new I'm afraid, so frustrating wanting to work on the car but life just getting in the way, hopefully get a good session on it next week. This is one of four project cars I own which says a lot about my hobby/addiction, so balancing which car gets my time is hard, I really need to think about selling some but just can't seem to let them go.

The current fleet is.....

Mk2 2gr SC TRD
MK1a 1.5 wide arch
Mk3 3s-gte
Porsche 944 1uz-fe V8

This last week the 1.5 got some IC work done to it, excuse the dust and dirty bits.

Marty J

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That would be a tough decision to sell one of those. It would be like selling one of your children.

Push come to shove I think it would be the Porsche, if it was me. [Think]
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Believe it or not the 944 is one of the best handling older cars I've ever driven, awesome car.

benjo
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'd definitely keep the 2gr trd [thumleft]
gavsdavs
Premium Member

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PW@Woodsport wrote:
Believe it or not the 944 is one of the best handling older cars I've ever driven, awesome car.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i.imgur.com/ua5ZgJE.jpg[/url]

I think this is an excellent vehicle - if i had the space i'd be trying to buy it off you.
1UZ powered porsche, what's not to like [Smile] ?
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

944 is a great car, even the baby 924 had much more handling than all the "it's not a real Porsche" haters could ever dream of.

Sadly my 944s got washed down a river in a flood in 2007. Game over.

Was never a fan of the Porshces until it was gifted to me and took it out for it's first thrashing. instantly converted.
synXero

Feedback Score: 34

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Saw an anthracite 944 in Crete by pure chance a few days ago, and thought it looked absolutely stunning. Mind you it was surrounded by an islandful of absolute shitboxes.
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

They get very much overlooked being an older Porsche and rejected by the 911 fanboys as "not a real Porsche" , but the styling is perfect, the handling is amazing, perfectly balanced car, not the fastest thing on the road in NA form but enough to make you smile.

I have taken styling cues from the 944 for my Mr2 panel shapes.
Marty J

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Tumble Weed]
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm afraid nothing is going to happen in the short term with this, I have a 1 year waiting list on customer engine conversions.

FML.
kaiowas

Feedback Score: 10

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Are there going to be any MR2s left that you haven't done an engine swap on by the time you're finished?
Marty J

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PW@Woodsport wrote:
I'm afraid nothing is going to happen in the short term with this, I have a 1 year waiting list on customer engine conversions.

FML.

I suppose that's not a bad complaint.

I do hope that you find the time to complete this car, as it has quite a lot of interesting mods done to it. That's what drew me to this post in the first place.
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

kaiowas wrote:
Are there going to be any MR2s left that you haven't done an engine swap on by the time you're finished?

After 20 years it already feels like I've worked on them all!

Marty J wrote:
I do hope that you find the time to complete this car, as it has quite a lot of interesting mods done to it. That's what drew me to this post in the first place.

Oh don't worry it will never be abandoned, I will keep chipping away at it until it is finished, I never give up on a project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: