[Mk2] [Turbo] Screen colour rev5 turbo

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2tmike

[Mk2] [Turbo] Screen colour rev5 turbo

Post by 2tmike »

Does anyone know whether the screen tint should be blue or green on a rev5 turbo? Autoglass insist its green but it looks blue to me !!!
mrhappy62

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Screen colour rev5 turbo

Post by mrhappy62 »

I Could be wrong but I thought UK was Blue and import was Bronze ! never heard about Green !
2tmike

Screen

Post by 2tmike »

I think you're right about the rev 1&2 cars. This ones a rev5 import. It has the original screen in it and, to be fair the main part does look green but the strip at the top seems blue to me. When Autoglass ordered up a screen against my reg it came as green but with no strip at the top which was not the way I wanted it so they've reordered a green screen with green strip....
rgb

Post by rgb »

I had a blue one in rev 5 and had a built in sun strip at the top ive had a green one in a rev 5 and I thought it would be a good idea to change it to the older bronze one as the car is a bronzish colour and it looks wrong cause the side windows are tinted too. put a white piece of paper against the glass and look through the glass to see what colour it is
rgb

Post by rgb »

ive just had a look at your profile and I test drove that mr2 in about 2008 in Bradford getting sold by a lad called rash but I bought a heavily modified one the same colour and its nearly bankrupted me . ive got two r xbt , one champagne or beige and the other mica orange .both rare. my missus said she thought she saw me near taunton last week
2tmike

Screen

Post by 2tmike »

That's weird, probably only 2 or 3 beige mica rev 5 turbos in the country and 2 ended up in the south west....that would have been me going past Taunton....with a freshly broken screen !!!! and yes, that was the car you tried...
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

my old rev5 jdm car was green
2tmike

Screen

Post by 2tmike »

:)))
starmist

Post by starmist »

It was me who bought the champagne gold rev 5 off Rash in Bradford...had it nearly 3 years before selling it, did you buy it off me? sorry can't remember.
Funnily enough just bought another rev5 off Rash last weekend.
2tmike

Rev 5 turbo

Post by 2tmike »

Yes I think it was, I've had it since 2011. Its in winter storage at the moment but still in good shape !!!
starmist

Post by starmist »

Glad it's still going strong...it was an awsome car and one that I regret selling.

Return to “Mechanical”