www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Screen colour rev5 turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tmike

Feedback Score: 17

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Screen colour rev5 turbo Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Does anyone know whether the screen tint should be blue or green on a rev5 turbo? Autoglass insist its green but it looks blue to me !!!
mrhappy62

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I Could be wrong but I thought UK was Blue and import was Bronze ! never heard about Green !
2tmike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Screen Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I think you're right about the rev 1&2 cars. This ones a rev5 import. It has the original screen in it and, to be fair the main part does look green but the strip at the top seems blue to me. When Autoglass ordered up a screen against my reg it came as green but with no strip at the top which was not the way I wanted it so they've reordered a green screen with green strip....
rgb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I had a blue one in rev 5 and had a built in sun strip at the top ive had a green one in a rev 5 and I thought it would be a good idea to change it to the older bronze one as the car is a bronzish colour and it looks wrong cause the side windows are tinted too. put a white piece of paper against the glass and look through the glass to see what colour it is
rgb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ive just had a look at your profile and I test drove that mr2 in about 2008 in Bradford getting sold by a lad called rash but I bought a heavily modified one the same colour and its nearly bankrupted me . ive got two r xbt , one champagne or beige and the other mica orange .both rare. my missus said she thought she saw me near taunton last week
2tmike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Screen Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That's weird, probably only 2 or 3 beige mica rev 5 turbos in the country and 2 ended up in the south west....that would have been me going past Taunton....with a freshly broken screen !!!! and yes, that was the car you tried...
jimGTS
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 35

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

my old rev5 jdm car was green
2tmike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Screen Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Smile]))
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: