www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Track day pads

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdave247

Feedback Score: 0

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Track day pads Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi all i Am looking for some carbotech brake pads and discs,does anyone know who sells them?
Thanks Dave.
Race Idiot
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 25

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Last time I bought em I ended up calling them directly, they were very helpful!
http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Also using Carbotech (but US) since years. Best pads for track after getting disappointed by all the big brands. They always works fine. When a big brake is fitted to the front i would use XP12 on the front and a XP16-20 on the OEM big rear.
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 4

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ive got carbotechs on my turbo. They are great pads but they are bloody noisy and also very dusty.

Ive heard porterfields are just as good and doesnt have the negatives above. I will be trying them when my carbotechs are due for replacement.
Race Idiot
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 25

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Porterfield R4's are probably as good as carbotec XP8, R4S certainly aren't good enough. I chewed through most of a set of R4S doing one day at bedford and they did fade where the XP8's didn't. R4S is a perfectly fine street compound though, where the xp8 tends to need heat going through it for it to be fully effective.

The R4 compound is not recomended for road use however, wheras the XP8 is ok for occasional use on road.

If you don't mind swapping around pads a set of R4 and R4S would be pretty good. I can't be ar$ed so I just use the carbotechs.
iecku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

@markstevieandmads: i thought we are talking trackday pads! [clown]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: