www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Steam coming from thermostat area

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sbsoulby
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Steam coming from thermostat area Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi guys,

Coming back with another issue,

After a decent drive/ some fast driving I get steam coming from near the intercooler, the drivers(UK) side near right of the heat sheild, I'm assuming it's the thermostat area
The temperature gauge stays normal sitting half way
I'm thinking it could be the thermostat o ring? Or air in the system
I've ordered a new thermostat and Toyota red coolent so I'll do a coolent change

Was wondering if any one else has had the same thing happen and what resolved it

Thanks
MartinF
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Is your car a turbo, if so what revision ?
Sbsoulby
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sorry, yes should of said

It's rev 3 turbo gts
MartinF
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

OK, was going to suggest the hose from hell if you were an earlier rev turbo, but it is different on a Rev3.
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

worth checking the 2 small hoses from the oil cooler, just to the right of the thermostat on the block, under the manifold. hoses from hell on earth.
they connect from the oil cooler to the 2 bypass water pipes just under the manifold.
Sbsoulby
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hoses from hell, not sure I like the sound of them, I guess they are a pita to change
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sbsoulby wrote:
Hoses from hell, not sure I like the sound of them, I guess they are a pita to change

Yes, they are under the manifold possibly the most difficult place to reach. hence the name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: