www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Wanted: SW20 air conditioning condensing unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Items Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavsdavs
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Wanted: SW20 air conditioning condensing unit Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Calling anyone who is breaking a JDM, rev2-5 SW20

I am after an intact, working air conditioning condensing assembly - i.e. one of these:

I've tried to buy a couple off ebay over the years and they always seem to arrive with me like they were removed with a hammer or have been kicked around in transit - i.e. they are terminally cracked and are unlikely to ever seal properly again.

If you are breaking a car with air-con or have removed one and it's still in usable condition, please PM me. I'm quite happy to come visit you to pick it up because I no longer trust the postal service will move one intact.

Anyone help ?
sky-net
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I bought mine brand new from a Denso dealer in the States because I couldn't find a used one in good shape.

Good luck anyway! [thumleft]
gavsdavs
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Got any links for that purchase if I go that way ?

Cheers
rossonza
Premium Member

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

where in the country are you?
gavsdavs
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

rossonza wrote:

saahfeeeeastlaandun

(SE16)
sky-net
Premium Member

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I need to verify the receipts in order to see if the dealer is still available.

Please see below the following thread. There might be useful links for you.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1622704&sid=fa83103b99df8ccc899caffe1707b964

Regards
gavsdavs
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

sky-net wrote:
I need to verify the receipts in order to see if the dealer is still available.

Please see below the following thread. There might be useful links for you.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1622704&sid=fa83103b99df8ccc899caffe1707b964

Regards

This has llnks for the condenser (https://www.amazon.com/Denso-477-0534-Condenser/dp/B000IY6WFK), but not the grey pastic unit which it lives in. I have a condenser, what I am struggling to obtain is the plastic unit.

Thanks for looking into it.
rossonza
Premium Member

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

gavsdavs wrote:
rossonza wrote:

saahfeeeeastlaandun

(SE16)

OK, well im in the midlands and due to remove the complete aircon system from my car. your welcome to have it if its anygood to you. ive no idea on its condition is the only thing.

ill see if i can make time the weekend to remove it and have a look for you
gavsdavs
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

rossonza wrote:
gavsdavs wrote:
rossonza wrote:

saahfeeeeastlaandun

(SE16)

OK, well im in the midlands and due to remove the complete aircon system from my car. your welcome to have it if its anygood to you. ive no idea on its condition is the only thing.

ill see if i can make time the weekend to remove it and have a look for you

Thank you, appreciate it. As I understand it the assembly i'm after is a pig and has to be cajoled gently out with other things around it. If it's rushed - you end up with cracked items like I've seen.

Gavs
Joey
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have one

gavsdavs
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

All sorted, thanks all for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Items Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: