36k MR2

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

johnsonca9

36k MR2

Post by johnsonca9 »

Hi guys,

I have an opportunity to acquire a REV3 MR2, UK model, T-Bar with only 36k miles on the clock. It does not have an MOT, but does run well, and I don't think it would need much, if anything, to pass.

The underside is what I consider to be immaculate, with no rust showing on any areas of the sill, arches, or underneath.

It is a Silver model, with a black roof, think I would be right in saying that makes it a Sonic shadow?

Anyway, the guy has asked me to make an offer on it.

What do you think this is worth. Prices on places like Ebay are all over the place.

I was thinking that without the MOT I was going to offer him £1,500.

Would I be right in thinking that if it was MOT'ed it would be worth in the region of £2,500. I was tempted to ask him to MOT it first so I knew it was alright, but I worry that if he does, he will be after a lot more money.

£1,500 gives me a bit of breathing room to do thing like replace the brakes all round and give it a thorough service.
SonicSW20

Re: 36k MR2

Post by SonicSW20 »

There were no Rev3 Sonic Shadows, that was Rev4 and 5 only.
johnsonca9

Post by johnsonca9 »

Actually, thinking about it, I thought it was an L reg, and assumed it was a REV3, however, it was a private plate. Can't believe I didn't cotton onto that.

The paint definately looked factory, so it must be newer than I thought.

Does that make a difference to price?
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Condition is everything, but if you have a Sonic Shadow and a more common colour of the same spec, condition etc the Sonic is usually worth a little bit more.

Easy to verify age and original colour from the ID plate in the front. Colour code for Sonic Shadow is 2CE :thumleft:
johnsonca9

Post by johnsonca9 »

Thanks Gazza.

I'll see where I can go with it.
Jayridium

Post by Jayridium »

If you decide not to pursue this car I'd be interested if you could PM me details?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”