[Mk2] [Turbo] What is a good wearing tyre ?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] What is a good wearing tyre ?

Post by synXero »

I'm on 275/40/18s and run Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've had 13k+ out of them and they're still going strong, in a car that's slightly heavier and slightly less powerful than yours, so in a world of free-body physics—fairly comparable.

I'd definitely look into Super Sports next time. Best tyre evurrr.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

synXero wrote:I'm on 275/40/18s and run Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've had 13k+ out of them and they're still going strong, in a car that's slightly heavier and slightly less powerful than yours, so in a world of free-body physics—fairly comparable.

From what I've read/seen pilot sport 4's outperform the original pilot super sports (the ones you have?) which were the step up from pilot sport 2's.. the new king of the hill being the PS4S

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Wh ... -Sport.htm
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
synXero

Post by synXero »

C35Rob wrote:
synXero wrote:I'm on 275/40/18s and run Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've had 13k+ out of them and they're still going strong, in a car that's slightly heavier and slightly less powerful than yours, so in a world of free-body physics—fairly comparable.

From what I've read/seen pilot sport 4's outperform the original pilot super sports (the ones you have?) which were the step up from pilot sport 2's.. the new king of the hill being the PS4S

Much as I understand it. Although they've now announced a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S which is the king of the hill.

My car will run MPSS on the back and MPS4 on the front when I get the money to replace the rubber!
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

synXero wrote:
C35Rob wrote:

Much as I understand it. Although they've now announced a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S which is the king of the hill.

My car will run MPSS on the back and MPS4 on the front when I get the money to replace the rubber!

PS4S = pilot sport 4 s :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob

Return to “Modifications”