www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
help with 97' turbo GEARBOX

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nige2307@virginmedia.com

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: help with 97' turbo GEARBOX Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

got a reluctant gearbox ..2nd-3rd ok going down from 4th, but up in to 3rd i have to slow shift...
question is ..
new synchro or 2nd hand box?
and what should i expect regarding cost?
also.. how difficult would it be for a qualified mechanic to do.. ( limited gearbox experience )
any pointers/advice is appreciated [thumleft]
Hez
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I would go for a 2nd hand box probably pick one up 2nd hand for 200-300 quid and I would expect it to cost about 200 quid labour. Shouldnt be a bad job for a qualified mechanic think the book time is 6 hours.
auzzam
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

this may be worth a go... when I first bought my mr2 the car would crunch going into third sometimes (2nd>3rd).

I figured the clutch pedal wasnt being pushed down far enough, so I removed my floor mat and problem was gone
cosmos

1999 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Gearbox Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Seem to recall adjusting my actual clutch pedal at the pedal box inside the footwell to raise the bite point higher up the pedal travel as it was near the floor as opposed to half way, long shot!
nige2307@virginmedia.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

SORTED... clutch pedal adjusted and cube in selector levers turned 90 degrees..
CHEERS.
raptor95GTS

Feedback Score: 8

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

nige2307@virginmedia.com wrote:
SORTED... clutch pedal adjusted and cube in selector levers turned 90 degrees..
CHEERS.

what did you adjust with the selector levers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: