www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Mk2 Ducktail add on spoiler

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> IMOC-UK Affiliates -> Woodsport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

Feedback Score: 29

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Mk2 Ducktail add on spoiler Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

A new product for 2017, our own design Ducktail boot spoiler for the Mk2.

This will come as a direct flush fitting bond on panel for easy fitting at home or the option of a bodyshop blending it in to your original boot lid. It fits up to the existing swage line on the boot exactly as a Rev1/2 spoiler does.

We are in the final stages of finishing off the master product from which the mold will be taken, so pics are coming in the next week.
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 25

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sounds interesting, will work with rev3 on also?
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes it will work on every Mk2 bootlid, although you will need to fill the holes in on rev3- lids.
thomp1983
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pictures please paul
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

They're on the way, we have a few more hours to put into the master mold piece before it is picture worthy.
Race Idiot
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Any updates?
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I will post up pics later of the master version at it looks currently, we still need to finish it before molding, so still a work in progress.
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 137

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Interested to see this. [thumleft]
Race Idiot
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bumping to see if you've got any pics of this yet! [Very Happy] [bounce]
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ok after a lot of people badgering me to death I am releasing our work in progress master buck pics, I don't normally do this until a product is completed so please don't be too judgemental until you see the finished item, but this gives you an idea what we are producing.

I estimate there is roughly 20 hours left in this before we are happy with the final shape and it is ready for casting.

We do need to refine the front edge where it meets the boot swage line, but overall it's a very nice shape.
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bearing in mind it still has a lot of finishing off to do before the final product, opinions on the basic shape etc?

I've taken styling cues from the Madpsi version which is a complete bootlid, mine is a bond on section. You can see my rear profile is different, I wanted something that flowed better into the quarters and met the swage in the bootlid to give that purpose, which of course was designed for Rev1/2 spoilers to align with, but looks odd on Rev3- lids to me.

Hopefully have this finished this week and in full paint so we can get some preview pics on a car.
Race Idiot
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I never realised the madpsi one was made to match up with the little rev1/2 spoiler thingys. Saying that, has anyone ever managed to buy something from madpsi ever?

Definitely interested in this, as I want to ditch my rev 5 wing!
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The madpsi is a complete Bootlid panel, mine is an add on piece.
alan_uk
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 24

1999 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Race Idiot wrote:
I never realised the madpsi one was made to match up with the little rev1/2 spoiler thingys. Saying that, has anyone ever managed to buy something from madpsi ever?

Definitely interested in this, as I want to ditch my rev 5 wing!

its not that pic is just the quarter panels not the rev 1/2 pods

the shape is bang on paul

shame its not a full bootlid though
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Trader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I could easily make it a full bootlid, but to include the hinge mounting points, a full underwebbing, and a full catch assembly, not to mention the helper spring etc would add serious cost to it all.

The idea is to provide a simple bond on Ducktail that sits flush with the existing boot swage line without any of the other problems above, it would be much simpler to blend mine in if you wanted a one piece item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> IMOC-UK Affiliates -> Woodsport All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: