[Mk2] [Turbo] Looks To Nice I need some help

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Looks To Nice I need some help

Post by androo007 »

I'm always on the hunt, never seem to find them! :twisted:
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

So the 5 block has been delivered and ever thing looks good... so should I go the 2.2 route and just get done or stay 2. :thumleft:

Are their any down side if going the 2.2 route? As in rev limated ect

Cheers Rich
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

rev2rich wrote:So the 5 block has been delivered and ever thing looks good... so should I go the 2.2 route and just get done or stay 2. :thumleft:

Are their any down side if going the 2.2 route? As in rev limated ect

Cheers Rich

Generally speaking;

Longer stroke = worse rod/stroke ratio, higher piston speeds so increased wear, higher bearing loading, greater piston side loading and friction, less keen to rev as hard as a shorter stroke motor but better low down torque, and obviously the extra 200cc is a bonus.

Short stroke = the exact opposite of longer stroke.

I'm not aware of many (only one off the top of my head in the UK) who have built a 5s block up with a 3s crank, but if I were in the position you were in that's what I'd do - 86mm stroke 3s crank and 87.5mm pistons to give you a 2069cc motor, However other people's opinions may vary.
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
ashley

Post by ashley »

xx
Last edited by ashley on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

Thanks for the Imput lots to think about... I do like the high rev 3's crank I have at the minate and it is already knifed edge balanced so makes more sense to use and my set up currently is making 400whp and comes In nice and early

I will keep hold of the 5s crank as I probably want more power in the future so a 2.2 will make it a nicer build and would cut down on the lag of a bigger turbo

Suppose any one want to give me a parts list I would need as I currently have brand new every thing on the engine and would want to reuse as much as possible

:thumleft:

Cheers rich
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

So with further inspection the block is not repairable so time to crack on with the 5s block.. :thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Rich the only other option you have is to use a 98+ NA block. Keeps 3s with the strengthened waterpump area. Just needs oil feed for turbo tapping.

An option if you wanted to reuse all the 3s parts.

Return to “Modifications”