[Mk2] [Turbo] What offset for my rev1 with BC's

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

[email protected]

[Mk2] [Turbo] What offset for my rev1 with BC's

Post by [email protected] »

Pretty much what the above says. I've recently fitted BC coilovers and thought the next purchase would be wheels. I'm looking for 17" wheels but am not sure on what offset or width would be ideal. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Al-sw20

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] What offset for my rev1 with BC's

Post by Al-sw20 »

Ideal fitment is a 17x8 front, 17x9 rear with a +35 offset all around.

215/40R17 tyres front, 235/40R17 or 245/40R17 tyres rear.

This is on stock struts though. You would have to compare your stock strut and the new coilover to check for clearance.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

17*8 ET35 on the front won't fit on some coilovers, you need to be closer to ET30.

I have 7.5 ET31 on BC's on the front and I've only got a couple mm or so clearance. I only found out how small the clearance was when the AA guy was really struggling to get the straps behind the wheels on the flatbed when the radiator failed.

You have a bit of camber adjustment at the hub, so you can add positive camber at the hub which will move the top of the wheel away from the coilover. You can then compensate by adding negative camber at the top mount. Bear in mind this will also affect your scrub radius though.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I've noticed that there's not much clearance even on stock wheels. Thanks for the replies.

Return to “Modifications”