Hoses to fit XS Power I/C to MkII RevII - where to buy?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stecad

Hoses to fit XS Power I/C to MkII RevII - where to buy?

Post by stecad »

Hi all, I've been given an XS Power I/C but the hoses don't fit my Rev II, MkII.
I'm sure they're off a Rev III so if anyone's in the market drop me a PM.

Does anyone have the pipes/hoses to connect it up for my MkII, or any ideas where to buy them from.
Thanks
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: Hoses to fit XS Power I/C to MkII RevII - where to buy?

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

You want to speak with Lee @ SFS Performance 01582 509250

We like to sell a correction kit, which removes 2 of the ally angles. With all the ally angles the fit will be awful. Another problem with the supplied couplers besides there awful quality, is that once it is fitted the pipework will be rigid This causes the brackets to break on the intercooler. Much like an exhaust mounted to the chassis, the rest must have movement.

So, IIRC

Turbo to hotpipe = 55mm coupler
Hotpipe to big ally pipe = 55-60mm 90 degree angle
Big pipe to IC =57-60mm coupler
IC to cold pipe =57-60mm 45 degree angle
Cold pipe to TB =60-70mm coupler (double check your TB size)

I could post some pictures if needed but I'm used to Facebook uploading, using photo bucket is a bit of a faff!
stecad

Re: Hoses to fit XS Power I/C to MkII RevII - where to buy?

Post by stecad »

Many thanks. Will give Lee a call.
I need the car to be running by the weekend so that It can go to the paint shop. For now i'll put the original I/C back in then punt the I/C project into the winter when she's laid up again.
I took the engine out in Feb and set myself a deadline by booking a slot in the paint shop for 1st week July. Seemed long enough to get everything done. The usual - i'll just do that while the engine's out, wifey adding in jobs around the house and generally getting fed up with it, means I'm now up against the deadline. Hopefully I've connected everything correctly and she fires up this weekend.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”