[FINALIZED] "New" Rev1 Turbo Alternator, £40.

Parts for the Mk2 MR2 only (excluding bodywork and wheels/tyres)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kiddo

"New" Rev1 Turbo Alternator, £40.

Post by Kiddo »

Guys, I've got an alternator for a Rev1 Turbo sitting in my garage taking up room.

Basically, I bought it off a guy on eBay who said he had ordered the wrong type for his G-Limited N/A (needed oval plug, bought round plug) so I bought it from him. It was originally supplied by AAPOldham, so it would more than likely be a refurbished item. They sell for £99.95.

I took my alternator out, fitted this then spent ages trying to get my cars plug to fit the socket. When I did, after trimming my cars plug, the alternator wouldn't slide in the bracket. After much swearing and re-evaluating my life, I had the "new" alternator back in my hands which revealed two things: firstly, it was physically the wrong size and no matter how much swearing and throwing of tools, it'd never fit. Secondly, the top of the casing was damaged, which was why I couldn't for the life of me get the plug in. Part of the socket plastic was damaged by me trying to fit it.

With two cars needing my attention, a house move and a baby on the way, I literally have no time to remove the casing, fix the dent and sell on, so I'm selling as-is. Consider the internals as new. £40 gets it. If you need it delivered, I'll look into it but consider that to be at least a fiver.

Collection welcome. I'm based in Lydd, Kent but spend a lot of time in Herne Bay so can bring it with me if it helps.

Neil
Kiddo

Re: [FINALIZED] "New" Rev1 Turbo Alternator, £40.

Post by Kiddo »

Just in case this isn't clear, this will fit cars of a turbo persuasion with the round plug. Won't fit N/A cars.
Kiddo

Post by Kiddo »

Open to offers... :whistle:
JLW

Post by JLW »

Hi Pal

few questions,

1. will this fit a rev 3 ?
2. when you say new, have you got proof of it being a recon item and not used
3. the damage stops it from working but just needs the casing swapped over ?

thanks,

JLW.
Kiddo

Post by Kiddo »

Hi JLW,

Sorry for the late reply.

1) This is a round plug type, so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit a rev3 as I think they have oval plugs. You'd have to change the loom plug to get it to fit.

2)In all honesty, I have no proof other than when it came to me, it was very, very clean (didn't look used) and had an as-new AAPOldham sticker on it. It got dirty when I tried to fit it.

3)The damage doesn't stop it from working - I had the "dash-light Christmas tree" with my old (failed) alternator and this cleared up with this one plugged-in but my problem was that it didn't fit in the rev1 bracket so I couldn't get a belt on.

Hope this helps,

Neil
DB Mr2

Post by DB Mr2 »

Hi kiddo,

Pm incoming.

Cheers
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was DB Mr2

Return to “Mk2”