Speaker fitment / Wiring diagrams. please contribute!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

keiith9849

Re: Speaker fitment / Wiring diagrams. please contribute!

Post by keiith9849 »

I have a Mk2 rev 1 turbo, took the advice of 5.25", removed door-cards and found a 4" speaker there within a larger circular metal surround, attached by 3 self-tappers. The original circular holes were about 5 inches across, so I re-drilled and managed to secure the 5.25's, but it looks as if the frames for 5.25's are not standard in Jap imports?

In the whole context this is not a big deal, but it is a relapser to lose half a day on a couple of speakers!
keiith9849

Re: Speaker fitment / Wiring diagrams. please contribute!

Post by keiith9849 »

I have a Mk2 rev 1 turbo, took the advice of 5.25", removed door-cards and found a 4" speaker there within a larger circular metal surround, attached by 3 self-tappers. The original circular holes were about 5 inches across, so I re-drilled and managed to secure the 5.25's, but it looks as if the frames for 5.25's are not standard in Jap imports?

In the whole context this is not a big deal, but it is a real pisser to lose half a day on a couple of speakers!
super

Direct replacement speakers

Post by super »

Hi,

Anyone able to provide myself with an upto date list of direct replacement speakers? The list in the start of this thread is old now and some stuff seems not to be be made any more.

thanks,
John

Return to “ICE and Security”