www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] T-Bar pop up roof spoilers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BALDYMONSTER

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] T-Bar pop up roof spoilers. Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

You know the things?

The wee black pop up spoiler/flap thingies that are at the front of the leading edge under the glass T-Bars when you remove the roof glass?

Anyway, in my car the things cause some noise and divert zero air as far as I can see.

Along the motorway at anything above 50 mph the wind noise from these bloody things is annoying to say the least.

When me and my girlfriend pulled them flat/ flush as if the T-Bar glass was still on the wind noise decreased significantly and no extra wind into the cabin occurred.

Does anyone else notice this?

I know I'm being lazy as I havn't looked, but can you remove them?

Cheers.
raptor95GTS

Feedback Score: 8

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i think the last time I had the roof out and played with the winglets they made a difference when they were fully up, maybe they are not fully extending when you take the roof out?

Last edited by raptor95GTS on Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BALDYMONSTER

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I don't think I'm sure what you mean buddy.

They are fully up and extended when the tbars are off but the wind pushes them flatter and flatter as you increase in speed.

I presume that is what they are meant to do?

Either way they are bloody noisy and think it's best to remove them?
raptor95GTS

Feedback Score: 8

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

mind do not go down as i get faster, at least I've never noticed. It does get louder as you get faster [Cool]
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i thought i was the only one!

they dont deflect air, make it noisier or anything. I was going to just remove as I couldnt see the point in them. Anyone else done that?
Gazza_DJ
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

They help reduce the wind buffeting, the problem is the springs deteriorate and they don't extend far enough up anymore.
I_Tristan

Feedback Score: 0

1993 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Did removing them create any new issues? and more importantly, did it fix your previous issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: