Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Blimey I last updated this May 2016!!

Some issues have been sorted, nearside hub replaced and the handling issue is rectified along with a water ingress problem.

Still need the windows replacing which is looking likely to be in a couple of months, forged build is going to end up over winter hopefully. Arches are sat in my back bedroom, so not masses of progress.

I have taken my Stern 3 piece splits to be refurbished at Wheelmaniacs in Birmingham (Tipton), it will be a full split down and powder coat and new gaskets. These guys did my Proteus alloys on my Jag with great results, fantastic place and good prompt service.

I had a set of standard rev3 wheels on for Japfest which look a bit silly but got me there, these will be for sale with brand new tyres on (well, they have had one trip to Silverstone and back!) as soon as my Stern wheels are back on the car.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Booked in with Rogue for the windows to be sorted. Having brand new everything pretty much from Toyota so will be perfect! Finally! Still waiting for my wheels to come back from the powder coaters then I can finally get the wide arches done which I need to call Deepcar Autobodies about. I need progress!!
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Love this car.
craig

Post by craig »

Glad you're on the path to get it sorted mate. 8)

I admire your perseverance.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Love this car.

Cheers mate, not so sure you would feel the same if you owned it! :lol: :lol:

It will be right in the next few months, watch this space.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Trust me I know the feeling :roll:

You'll get there pal!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Good to see you're still soldiering on with this car :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Had a trip to Rogue on Wednesday. Drive in at 8am, then drove out at 5:30pm with new windows/guides/door strips fitted. Now I have perfect brand new glass and all associated parts, the windows work like factory new.

Next I will be collecting my refurbed Sterns from Birmingham - WheelManiacs. Pictures will follow when I get them on the car.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Bet that cost a fortune....ive seen rogues price lol
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Not cheap mate as the parts alone are expensive from Toyota, apparently rare for anyone to order them and so took three weeks to arrive. I had tried my best to source second hand decent parts and windows but they are all worn and scratched from breakers.

The lads at Rogue take care of the car and worked for hours to adjust and tweak the doors/windows/door guides until I was happy with the shut, excellent work from them.
craig

Post by craig »

Nice one Dan. Saw the pics on FB. Gotta be pretty happy with that. Yeah, it may not have been cheap, but not many MR2 owners have windows that looks and operate like they're fresh out the Toyota factory!!

Glad your enthusiasm for the car has returned. Fair play for sticking with it! Nice feeling when things get rectified eh?

Another thing off the list! :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I am motivated to finish it. Well, get it exactly where I want it. Sorting the stereo and cig wiring myself today to save paying someone else as I have a couple of hours free.
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

It's nice to see the progress is coming along with your car,
After looking through members builds and jobs been done to the cars it's gave me a boot up the backside to sort mine out as I've been pretty dormant on here recently. ..
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

The spanking new windows fitted, it is a long time since I saw an MR2 in my ownership without scratched windows!! Not only that, but all the window strips and guides and internal parts replaced.

Great job by Rogue.
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Wheel progress....

I am on a big hunt to find new bolts though, I do not want my old bolts going back in when the rims are put back together. Finding the right size is proving difficult.

`WheelManiacs` in Tipton, Dudley are carrying out the work on the wheels. Had them do a fantastic job on my Jaguars `Proteus` rims a few months back, I can HIGHLY recommend these guys!!
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Matthew at Rogue has also come up with a solution to the common problem of the broken drivers door switch clip. Stronger than the old plastic brittle clip and a good solution for those who have this issue. A stainless steel bracket replacement of the OEM clip that so easily breaks.

Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Suddenly things are happening fast! Once the wheels are finished I will be having my wide arches fitted, then find suitable spacers and I`m guessing I will need extended wheel studs. New black wheel nuts and locking nuts and FINALLY I will be at the stage of being ready for a forged build.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

The old girl as she stands now. Looking sorry for itself on stock rims.

The 15" stock revision3 rims have nearly brand new tyres on, only done a few trips out on them including Japfest. They will be for sale as soon as I get my Stern wheels back on the car.

I also CANNOT WAIT to sort out the awful stick on pieces above the arches. I had the arches rolled and some lexus arch welded in and a flared look, which looks ok, but the finishing touch of the little stuck on bit I have never been happy with!! ABFLUG for the win! Watch this space.

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Good to see you're still soldiering on with this car

Mate if I was a less patient person, this car would have been done about 3 years ago. But onwards and upwards, Rogue Systems don`t mess around. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

It's nice to see the progress is coming along with your car,

Cheers mate, time to make it slightly monsrtrous... Preferably before 2040... :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”