www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[FINALIZED] "New" Rev1 Turbo Alternator, 40.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This topic is locked: You cannot finalize it    www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Parts For Sale -> Mk2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiddo
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1991 Toyota MR2 MK2 GT - T Bar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: "New" Rev1 Turbo Alternator, 40. Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Guys, I've got an alternator for a Rev1 Turbo sitting in my garage taking up room.

Basically, I bought it off a guy on eBay who said he had ordered the wrong type for his G-Limited N/A (needed oval plug, bought round plug) so I bought it from him. It was originally supplied by AAPOldham, so it would more than likely be a refurbished item. They sell for 99.95.

I took my alternator out, fitted this then spent ages trying to get my cars plug to fit the socket. When I did, after trimming my cars plug, the alternator wouldn't slide in the bracket. After much swearing and re-evaluating my life, I had the "new" alternator back in my hands which revealed two things: firstly, it was physically the wrong size and no matter how much swearing and throwing of tools, it'd never fit. Secondly, the top of the casing was damaged, which was why I couldn't for the life of me get the plug in. Part of the socket plastic was damaged by me trying to fit it.

With two cars needing my attention, a house move and a baby on the way, I literally have no time to remove the casing, fix the dent and sell on, so I'm selling as-is. Consider the internals as new. 40 gets it. If you need it delivered, I'll look into it but consider that to be at least a fiver.

Collection welcome. I'm based in Lydd, Kent but spend a lot of time in Herne Bay so can bring it with me if it helps.

Neil
Kiddo
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just in case this isn't clear, this will fit cars of a turbo persuasion with the round plug. Won't fit N/A cars.
Kiddo
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Open to offers... [Whistle]
JLW

Feedback Score: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Pal

few questions,

1. will this fit a rev 3 ?
2. when you say new, have you got proof of it being a recon item and not used
3. the damage stops it from working but just needs the casing swapped over ?

thanks,

JLW.
Kiddo
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi JLW,

Sorry for the late reply.

1) This is a round plug type, so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit a rev3 as I think they have oval plugs. You'd have to change the loom plug to get it to fit.

2)In all honesty, I have no proof other than when it came to me, it was very, very clean (didn't look used) and had an as-new AAPOldham sticker on it. It got dirty when I tried to fit it.

3)The damage doesn't stop it from working - I had the "dash-light Christmas tree" with my old (failed) alternator and this cleared up with this one plugged-in but my problem was that it didn't fit in the rev1 bracket so I couldn't get a belt on.

Hope this helps,

Neil
DB Mr2

Feedback Score: 10

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi kiddo,

Pm incoming.

Cheers
Feedback Bot

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was DB Mr2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This topic is locked: You cannot finalize it    www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Parts For Sale -> Mk2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: