www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] changing boost controller and ecu

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamshaw

Feedback Score: 1

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] changing boost controller and ecu Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ok guys so not sure what goin on with actuator pressure

so question is ... if car was mapped with standalone ecu and i decide to change ebc for a different one is this ok

can i just switch out a greddy for an apexi avcr and setup myself .... or would the standalone ecu need mapping again if i did this?

is the ecu map seperate to the ebc....ie) its fine to change as fueling will alter depending on what boost settings i setup anyway ?

thanks
adamshaw

Feedback Score: 1

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Anyone?
MartinF
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If you change the boost controller and ensure that the maximum boost level is still the same then no need to remap.
Dale_V

Feedback Score: 49

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Its a tough one because the map will be set at the old boost controllers settings, its not the max boost thats a concern as that is obviously easily replicated. Its the gain to which you will find hard to copy over.

So on full load at lower revs onwards the fuelling may be a little out, as this is where the gain will be affecting how fast the boost is kicking in.

Saying all that, realistically i think it'd be fine to not remap, as things are usually mapped on the richer side for safety and not to the extreems of ringing every ounce of whats left in the engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: