www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Alternative suspension options. WRX Coilovers on a MK1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tellso

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Alternative suspension options. WRX Coilovers on a MK1? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I sold my last 2 about 5 years ago now. Always had a soft spot for them which just won't go away! I had 3 Mk1's and about 9 MK2's in my time. Now I finally have a garage im looking for a MK1 project. My wedding is taking most of my funds so im looking for a cheap MK1 that I can do up over time.

I saw one on gumtree not so long ago which I loved the look of (low, plastic arch extensions and aftermarket wheels that really filled the arches). The thing is the advert suggested it had WRX coilovers on it [Shocked] could this be right? Will they fit?

They are a much cheaper option than buying coilovers actually made for the MK1.

Any advise, although not imminently needed, is still appreciated.

Thanks all.
C35Rob
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Even if they can be made to physically fit (I doubt it, they're different lengths and the top mounts are different for a start) it'd be a terrible idea.. springs and dampers specified for a front engined 4wd car is going to handle interestingly on a light MR car.
Tellso

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your help
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The relatively cheap easy option are BC's really if you want coilovers.
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: