Alex's Red Rev5 NA Fast Road/Track

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HughesR1

Re: Alex's Red Rev5 NA Fast Road/Track

Post by HughesR1 »

I've posted a link to the video for my trackday at Blyton in the Motorsport/Trackdays section but thought I'd do a little update in here.

Video :> www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z3R5fVpF-8&t=63s

I'd never done Blyton before but it really is a fun little trackday considering its so flat! I didn't really get to see what the car was capable of at Donington as the sessions were too short, it was damp and I was running T1R's.

I couldn't have been happier with how the car performed. Initially the car felt ridiculously soft (Which it is due to spring rate) and I was struggling to get used to it as the Elise always felt like it had no bodyroll. After a few sessions I'd soon adjusted and started finding the limits of the A048's which were absolutely awesome. It was actually very entertaining how soft & compliant it was round track, meaning you could absolutely launch the thing over the big curbs and it would just take it in its stride! I'l definitely been investing in some stiffer ARB's for the next trackday though!

I was hoping that I'd be able to keep up with a few of the GT86 owners who had come on the day, but as they were all on road tyre the MR2 was making short work of them along with some of the lower spec'd Elise. They were devastated when they asked if I was the one in the red MR2 Turbo, only to find out it was a little N/A :lol:

Also managed to steal the old mans Clio 200 Cup which has high lift cams, intake/exhaust mods, remap, stripped out cage etc. The thing feels like a mini BTCC car. Throttle response was insane and the gear ratios are just perfect for track work, not to mention the stopping power of the big brembos. Very tempted to make a purchase whenever he comes to sell up! 8) :lol:
1998 MR2 Rev5 NA (Road & Track)
1998 Porsche Boxster 986 (Weekend)
2007 Ford S-Max Titanium (Family Hack!)

Return to “Member Profiles”