www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Paul's Rev2 turbo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLW

Feedback Score: 8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Mate

Hmm yeah I wasn't sure, about those as mounting points,
The thing is , for now I'm using the standard seat belt and bring it
across the top of the seat and down the side into the OE buckle thats mounted
on the tunnel bolt.

My seats are fixed with Rouge Motorsport runners as such ( prior to painting )
Pauln
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm guessing that because of the awkward profile of the MR2 floor, there's probably a small gap between the bottom of those runners and the actual floor towards the rear of the runners, which if true might allow you to weld on a couple of right angle brackets for the seat belt, dependent on the side mount positioning, etc. Might be worth considering. That's got to be better than the small bolt on the tunnel.

Paul
JLW

Feedback Score: 8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pauln wrote:
I'm guessing that because of the awkward profile of the MR2 floor, there's probably a small gap between the bottom of those runners and the actual floor towards the rear of the runners, which if true might allow you to weld on a couple of right angle brackets for the seat belt, dependent on the side mount positioning, etc. Might be worth considering. That's got to be better than the small bolt on the tunnel.

Paul

Good idea mate, I'll look into that.
Ill stop Hijacking your thread now bud [Laughing]

keep up the good work I'm tuned in.
Pauln
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

No worries, only too happy to help. I'm off now to start wiring up my new budget dash cam.

Paul
Andy55725

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

really happy you're taking it forward and getting her back to former glory!
Pauln
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The Halfords own brand Calcium battery I fitted when I got the car back from the body shop has been getting progressively worse at holding a charge. It finally got to the point that five days after a full charge, the battery simply didn't have enough power available to start the car.

Usual story solenoid was clicking but not enough power to turn over the engine.

As the battery carries a 4 year guarantee, and it had only been fitted for just over two years, it was time to visit the local Halfords branch.

A quick test showed that the storage capacity had dropped by more than 100amps, and I was immediately given a new replacement battery to fit. They did offer to fit in for 10, but unsurprisingly I didn't take them up on that particular offer [Very Happy]

Never the less I was pleasantly surprised that their no quibble guarantee, was just that.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: