Mr2 kswap

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cooper514

Mr2 kswap

Post by cooper514 »

As above has anyone done this swap in the uk or is interested in doing it panning to start this project in a few months
Bear87

Re: Mr2 kswap

Post by Bear87 »

If anyone has done it or would know how to do it it would be Paul Woods of Woodsport he is on IMOC you should check out his website and get in touch with him. He is super helpful and really knows his stuff :thumleft:
cooper514

K swap

Post by cooper514 »

Hi bud yer heard of paul wood

And was just looking to see if there was many about really doesn't seem common in the uk to do a k swap

I've already found a kit to dump the lump into a mr2 and connect it up to the e153 gearbox

Just a case of buying that
The engine
Walbro 255
Aem reg
Afew an fittings and line
Mod a few water lines
Play with the wiring loom
gavsdavs

Re: Mr2 kswap

Post by gavsdavs »

Talk to Eric Hux on Facebook, he's US based but I think he can sell you a kit.

The k-swap does seem a much more US/Central america thing where massive horsepower and straightline speed is king.

I haven't seen a UK one, but would like to...
cooper514

K swap

Post by cooper514 »

Already spoke to him got price for kit shipped and importe duty ect
Does seem that way big in America not over here but can get crazy power out of the k series see how it goes I'll do a build thread when it happens if people are interested maybe a write up to on how to do it get more interested over here

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”