[Mk2] [Generic] Any Toad ai606 experts / installers here? Issue with no indicators

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

monkeyra
Premium Member

[Mk2] [Generic] Any Toad ai606 experts / installers here? Issue with no indicators

Post by monkeyra »

Hi

I've tried to install a toad ai606 I've had kicking around for a number of years. Wired it up as per the instructions, it locks and unlocks on the keyfob, bit no chirp, no indicators flashing and more importantly the red led doesn't illuminate at all.

I've checked the 15a Fuse for the indicators, that's fine.

Any pointers / advise?

Sadly I don't have the four digit pin code, so unable to access any menus.
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
thomp1983

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Any Toad ai606 experts / installers here? Issue with no indicators

Post by thomp1983 »

Not sure on the led but both the other issues are options that can be turned off.

The last ai606 I had didn't have a 4 digit code there was a sequence you did with the key and fob to get into the programming menu
monkeyra
Premium Member

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Any Toad ai606 experts / installers here? Issue with no indicators

Post by monkeyra »

I've not come across that before, all the instructions I can find online say I need to input my 4-pin code first.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

I may be wrong it's been 18 months since I've played with one but I don't remember having a security pin.

The other option is to sit and go through every code combination I've had to do it before and it's tedious but once you get into a rhythm it doesn't take that long
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

monkeyra wrote:Hi

I've tried to install a toad ai606 I've had kicking around for a number of years. Wired it up as per the instructions, it locks and unlocks on the keyfob, bit no chirp, no indicators flashing and more importantly the red led doesn't illuminate at all.

I've checked the 15a Fuse for the indicators, that's fine.

Any pointers / advise?

Sadly I don't have the four digit pin code, so unable to access any menus.

I have had two units over the years, on one occasion i swapped the whole thing from my rev 1 to rev 3.
All these functions plus more are turned on and off after you enter the four digit pin that came with the alarm.
I didn't have this pin for either set up but on both occasions MR-toadinstaller (that may not be his correct user name) sent me the codes via pm after i send the units serial number to him.

I still have a main control unit and two or three fobs in the shed if you need a spare :thumleft:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Solved it last night. I *thought* I had the ignition feed wired into an ignition 12v wire, but it turned out to be permanent 12v when I checked it with my multimeter. Rewired that and it all works perfectly now!

Return to “Electrical”