www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Alternator belt for a mk1 SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 6

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Alternator belt for a mk1 SC Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi does anyone know where I can get a new replacement belt for my SC with aircon, obviously there's Toyota, but with it being an import,
I wasn't sure of the availability, that and its a 15 mile drive to my nearest absoulty useless dealership.

I had a quick Google but only found belts for the n/a or the SC with NO aircon.

Thanks

Chris

Last edited by oukie on Sun May 14, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
jon_st205

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'll have a look at mine to see if the size markings are still legible.
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Try importcarparts.co.uk
Used them a couple of times always have the obscure parts.

Hope that helps

Brad
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

You'll be able to get it from Toyota. Or try Toyota RRG Macclesfield. 01625 869 900. Ask for Paul, he'll be able to post it up to you.
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
oukie
IMOC Organiser

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks for the replies, I've got one coming from Fensport.
phaeton
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Surely you only need to know the length & number of ribs, a belt is a belt is a belt?
oukie
IMOC Organiser

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The old belt was damaged, so was unreadable and I was unable to take a measurement for the same reasons.

I do have a modicum of intelligence.

For thanks for your 'input'
phaeton
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

oukie wrote:
The old belt was damaged, so was unreadable and I was unable to take a measurement for the same reasons.

Take it as sarcasm if you wish it wasn't intended so, but if it's still in one piece than all you had to do was fold it in half, measure top to bottom & double it, or get a piece of string & put it around the outside & again measure it. But as you have a modicum of intelligence you would already know that so I'll let you waste your money at Fensport when you could have gone to Eurocarparts.
jon_st205

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Would be great to post up the size once you have received (and checked it fits) so it can be searched for by anyone in the future.

Cheers,
Jon
oukie
IMOC Organiser

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

phaeton wrote:
oukie wrote:

Take it as sarcasm if you wish it wasn't intended so, but if it's still in one piece than all you had to do was fold it in half, measure top to bottom & double it, or get a piece of string & put it around the outside & again measure it. But as you have a modicum of intelligence you would already know that so I'll let you waste your money at Fensport when you could have gone to Eurocarparts.

It's not joined any ore, part of the belt was potentially missing, also, seeing as I'd already removed the alternator, I was unable to run a length of string etc,
oukie
IMOC Organiser

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jon_st205 wrote:
Would be great to post up the size once you have received (and checked it fits) so it can be searched for by anyone in the future.

Cheers,
Jon

Will do.
jimi

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Alternator belt for a no1 SC Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

oukie wrote:

I wasn't sure of the availability, that and its a 15 mile drive to my nearest absoulty useless dealership.

[Eh?] I've never had any problem with Western Toyota at Halbeath

Last edited by jimi on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperRedMR2

Feedback Score: 8

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternator belt for a no1 SC Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

oukie wrote:
Hi does anyone know where I can get a new replacement belt for my SC with aircon, obviously there's Toyota, but with it being an import,

I had a quick Google but only found belts for the n/a or the SC with NO aircon.

Thanks

Chris

I've got a SC lump with the air con compressor, but i have just cut the belt off as i'll be removing the compressor. However, I can measure the belt for you if that helps?
oukie
IMOC Organiser

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Alternator belt for a no1 SC Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

jimi wrote:
oukie wrote:

[Eh?] I've never had any problem with Western Toyota at Halbeath

That's because you have an n/a, Jimi, the young guy that came out to me from parts told me that Toyoyta did not make a mk1 supercharger.

Lololololololol
oukie
IMOC Organiser

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The belt that I used was a Gate's 5pk1030 12 from local factors
jimi

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hope you educated him [Very Happy] plus the really good parts guy (I think his name was Kirrill ?) has moved on [Sad]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: