[Mk2] [Turbo] Parts Suppliers

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike

[Mk2] [Turbo] Parts Suppliers

Post by Mike »

I don't use my Tubby so much anymore, so it's been a while since I've needed to buy parts. I often used to use Camskill but I see they've given up on the parts side of the business. I'd like some advice on who's good for brake parts? The sliders/calliper carrier on my NSF is sticking so I'm after a replacement. Cheers.
SonicSW20

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Parts Suppliers

Post by SonicSW20 »

Try Bigg Red for brake parts. If you want a replacement caliper they do refurb / exchanges, or you can send your caliper to them and they'll send it back refurbed.
jon

Post by jon »

I had pretty crap service from Bigg Red a couple of years ago. It took 6 weeks to get all 4 calipers refurbished and coated.

When I finally received them the finish on the coating wasn't great in a few places. A few chips in the coating for good measure as well.

2 years & 2000 miles later, the handbrake mechanism on one of the calipers has stopped working and there's signs of brake fluid leaking from the piston.

I'd recommend Brakes International, used their refurbished calipers on various cars over the last 10 years with no problems at all.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Tcbparts

Return to “Mechanical”