www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
o2 Sensor Gasket & Speedo

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperRedMR2

Feedback Score: 8

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: o2 Sensor Gasket & Speedo Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Has anyone got the o2 sensor gasket for the 4AGZE exhaust manifold?

I didn't get one with my engine so I had to use exhaust paste to stick it on.

Proper gasket would be handy!

Also, do I have to have the supercharger speedometer in order for the knock sensor to flash?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

You can get one from Toyota or dare I say it, any exhaust type place, they're bound to have them. Or any motor factor place. I don't think it will be anything special.

I don't know what you mean about the knock sensor flashing?
SuperRedMR2

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Does the N/A speedo have the light on if for the knock sensor? Or do I need the SC speedo?
jon_st205

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It doesn't flash for the knock sensor? Iirc it's only apexi pfc's that can be set up to flash the cel when it detects knock.
SuperRedMR2

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What's the point of the knock sensor if there is no light to show me there is a problem?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

SuperRedMR2 wrote:
Does the N/A speedo have the light on if for the knock sensor? Or do I need the SC speedo?

The SC speedo has a light that comes on when the supercharger engages, it's done on vacuum I think. Is that what you mean?

There is no light for a knock sensor.

The point of a knock sensor is to retard the ignition if it detects knock and therefore protect the engine. No idea why you'd think there was a light coming on?
SuperRedMR2

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Some reason I thought there was.

My mistake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: