www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
1992 MR2 Turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan wheeldon
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: 1992 MR2 Turbo Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Toyota MR2 1992 Rev2 Turbo SW20 Tin Top.

12 months MOT
195k KM (or 122k Miles)
Imported 2004
Owned by my Mrs since Sept 2008
Cloth interior
Baileys BOV dump valve
Aftermarket stainless steel exhaust (twin exit)
HKS air filter
Running stock boost.
16" RS-5 alloys with good Toyo Proxes T1-R tyres.
Service history and receipts over the years. Either been serviced my Nathan Mrtwos Lawley or myself.
Engine is mint, no Turbo smoke.

Bad Bits

Bodywork needs attention, been quoted £500 from a local body shop to get it mint.
Clutch is ok but would recommend changing it soon.
Alloys could probably do with repainting.

Please feel free to message me with any questions or for more photos.
U.K. Sale only.
Selling due to new car arrived

It sold twice on eBay with complete time wasters so advertising here.

£2000 no offers

thirlz2400

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Still Available? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi mate, is this still available?
alan wheeldon
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes it's still for sale. To be honest though I am thinking of putting the price up
ilovejapcars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Not sure I understand that logic if nobody has taken it at £2k. TBH I was looking at the ad to see if you had reduced the price. Maybe you would be better pitching it to a wider audience.
alanmr2turbo

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ilovejapcars wrote:
Not sure I understand that logic if nobody has taken it at £2k. TBH I was looking at the ad to see if you had reduced the price. Maybe you would be better pitching it to a wider audience.

My thoughts exactly, especially when the new owner would need to spend close to £1k getting it put right. Those cills will also need doing soon as well.
sinjen
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

alanmr2turbo wrote:
ilovejapcars wrote:

My thoughts exactly, especially when the new owner would need to spend close to £1k getting it put right. Those cills will also need doing soon as well.

That's a lot of car for 3k in today's market [Wink] plus its only been for sale for 3 weeks, give it a chance!

GLWTS Al, having seen this in the flesh (bar the refresh) it's a solid buy

[thumleft]
ilovejapcars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Has been for sale a long time. Noticed it on Ebay ages ago before here
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
it's a solid buy

[thumleft]

Those sills look anything but solid I'm afraid - not for long
vinp182
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I love it when an owners club de-value our cars. Well done [thumleft]
aussieGT

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

vinp182 wrote:
I love it when an owners club de-value our cars. Well done [thumleft]

Exactly.

Even more admirable when they are willing to cut down sellers prices with, "Yeah but I bought that for £xxx last month, you ask way too much" and then have the hide to turn around with their own for sale threads asking top prices. [Speak to the hand]
androo007
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm not devaluing just pointing out to potential buyers that those sills look like they're near renewal.

Anyway, good luck with sale.
alan wheeldon
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

androo007 wrote:
I'm not devaluing just pointing out to potential buyers that those sills look like they're near renewal.

I did mention that in the add and the price I have been quoted for all the body repair work.

The reason I was thinking of the price hike is also as someone has said, the market has now changed. MR2 Turbos are hard to find for sale now. I'm in no rush whatsoever to sell it now which is also a reason why I might get the work done myself then the car will be back up for sale for around the 3.5k mark. The car is worth the asking price of 2K all day long.

Please only reply if you are interested in buying the car please.
twhite93

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi, is this still for sale?
alan wheeldon
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sorry been on holiday. Yes it's still for sale but I think I'm going to get some of the work done on it soon but if your interested as it is let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: