www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Fitting ebay intercooler???

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caldridge7

Feedback Score: 0

1994 Toyota MR2 MK2 GT - T Bar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Fitting ebay intercooler??? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Need help short quick question,

I bought a ebay intercooler and the fan fits onto the intercooler fine but how the hell do I bolt it to the car??
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 4

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

There should be brackets on the side of the intercooler like l shaped ones.

If not and its secondhand then i suspect they have snapped off...not good.
caldridge7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Iv got the old intercooler off and the brackets are welded on as from factory they would have been...the mounting points on the ebay one don't look the same mounting points as the oem one....
Essex2Visuvesi
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

can you post some pics of the intercooler (or a link to the ebay advert)
caldridge7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If you put that into ebay it will show basically what I bought.
markstevieandmads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

When i fitted mone it did seem it was at a funny angle compared to the old standard one.
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I think there get out clause was
"PLEASE NOTE ON SOME KITS SOME VEHICLE MODIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED"

Bit naughty really as it states it is for the mr2 in its description.

Looking at the picture i cant see how you could fit it without "modification" [Brick wall]
C35Rob

Feedback Score: 9

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The stock intercooler mounts completely differently to the eBay greddy copy.

You need to remove the stock intercooler and its shroud, the new intercooler mounts right up against he side vent, using the three bolt holes that the stock shroud used.

You will also need a new shroud/block off plate to direct the air through the core and not around it.

Those eBay kits are crap really, the silicone joiners are terrible, as are the hose clamps. The pipes don't really line up and the brackets on the core will snap off. I bought one and I threw all of the silicone joiners and hose clips out, replaced them with proper jubilee clips and decent hoses, bought a berk technology one piece top pipe and had to repair/brace the brackets on the core.

If you must use an eBay side mount you're really better off buying the core by its self (about 70) and piece the rest together with quality parts.
markstevieandmads

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Or buy mine for 45 lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: