Steel Mist Grey Rev3 V6 1MZFE reduced to £4500 ono with fresh MOT

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

baileydom

Steel Mist Grey Rev3 V6 1MZFE reduced to £4500 ono with fresh MOT

Post by baileydom »

The time has finally come to put my beloved MR2 up for sale. We have been through a lot and the car has been through several different incarnations with me. This is a fair old story so give me a second….
I bought a super white NA UK rev4 in 2009 off a regular forums member and promptly set about doing it up and modifying it. I knew that the car was going to have a V6 conversion but I wanted to make sure that all the supporting functions were right first, as a result I replaced/rebuilt pretty much everything – brakes, suspension, new interior etc. The V6 (a 1MZFE) was installed by Woodsport in the winter of 2013/2014. The following year I was going to have some paintwork done on the car but I then found it had too much rust in the sills/bumper/boot to be worth saving.

At this point I made the decision to reshell the car into a clean, rust-free shell. I eventually found a clean imported SMG GTS turbo shell from a car which was being broken. Arrangements were made and I moved the shell from Kent back up home. In the summer of 2015 myself and a couple of other forum regulars moved absolutely everything from the old white shell into the new SMG shell I had bought – it was a bare shell rebuild. Since then the car has run flawlessly and has needed nothing out of the ordinary other than its 6 monthly services and wear and tear items.

As a result of the rebuild and the combination of a rev4 NA original shell, the rev3 turbo new shell and the V6, the car doesn’t tick any of the usual boxes of matching numbers between clocks, seatbelts, engine, shell etc etc. However, everything is declared on the V5 and the car is 100% solid and mechanically sound. The car was built as a solid, dependable, reliable MR2 which is as happy on the motorway as it is on poorly finished B roads.

SMG rust free rev3 import shell with around 103k miles on it
Carbon-fibre rev5 combat spoiler
White Lenso D1R alloys with Uniroyal Rainsport 3s fitted (fronts are brand new, rears are good for another 6months-year depending on driving style)
Rev1 turbo struts (purchased almost new) fitted with Spax lowering springs
Front top mounts replaced in past year
Ball joints, droplinks etc at reshell
Full Prothane chassis polybush kit fitted
Refurbed and rebuilt brake calipers with grooved discs all round
Braided hoses
Hilux master cylinder
TRD antiroll bars front and rear
OEM mudguards all round
Raybrig headlamps with Osram Nightbreaker bulbs

1MZ V6 originally prepped and installed by Woodsport (installed at around 76k miles and currently on approximately 113k miles)
NA gearbox with extended 5th gear
Apexi Power Intake
Mongoose NA backbox and decat

Clifford G5 alarm and immobiliser
Black leather interior (slight wear on drivers bolster but not ripped or torn)
Black tbar headlining
Rev1 (thicker) carpets and door cards
Man in Dandism floor mats
Genuine Blitz gauges in custom centre pod (vacuum, oil temp and oil pressure)
Pioneer headunit
Active sound system retrofitted
Kenwood active subwoofer
Silver painted dash
Red and white interior illumination including heater controls and window switches
Custom modified lit passenger door window switch
Chrome interior door handles
Mk3 MR2 steering wheel with custom 'teq' centre badge
TRD ball gear knob
Real carbon inserts in dash and clocks
LED interior lights

I have spent a massive amount of time on this car and other than the original Woodsport engine install in the old shell, all the work has been done by myself including routine servicing and the reshell. The car does have a small dent (5p sized) in the top of the passenger rear quarter and would benefit from paint if you want it perfect (SMG plastic parts have a habit of fading in the sun), however it cleans up really well, just don’t expect a show car - it was built to be driven.

Reduced to £4500 ono

Car has just had a fresh MOT

private plate is not included and will be removed

For pictures I can email since Photobucket has ruined everything!
Last edited by baileydom on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_Al_

Re: Steel Mist Grey Rev3 V6 1MZFE reduced to £4500 ono with fresh MOT

Post by _Al_ »

As you know mate if it weren't for living in a building site I'd have this off you in an instant.

Watched this come together (mostly while Dom and Stu were saving my bacon by bailing me out with my car!) and I can vouch for the attention to detail and sheer quality of this car.

Someone is going to get a well built, well cared for, easy to work on reliable motor which will put a huge smile on their face whenever they want it to.
stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

Got to be one of the most mechanically sorted 2's available. V6 sounds awesome and everything that needed doing has been done, mostly in my garage so I should know. So many subtle trick mods. Someone is going to get a true enthusiast owned car
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

Want it
Can't afford it
Now I am sad :(
VGB

Post by VGB »

Do you have any engine shots or is it in the members build section?
baileydom

Post by baileydom »

Engine bay pics added as requested

Return to “MR2s for Sale”