[Mk2] [NA] Empty vacuum pipe

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

johnsonca9

[Mk2] [NA] Empty vacuum pipe

Post by johnsonca9 »

Hi,

I have a Rev3 NA, and am getting to know it a bit better after having now had it for a couple of weeks.

I have spotted, above the ACIS actuator, a metal pipe that look like it joins 2 rubber vacuum pipes, but there is not a pipe on either side.

I'm assuming that it means it has been bypassed, but if somebody could direct me to what should be attached here so I could check, it would be appreciated.

Also, hello everyone, just got my first MR2 after a few years of waiting, so expect to see me around a lot more now.
pistol pete

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Empty vacuum pipe

Post by pistol pete »

Welcome..
Glad to here you have picked up one after seaching

afraid i haven't got a mk2 na at the moment so cannot help, unless i think really hard, but don't wanna get it wrong, sur esomeone will be along soon with a picture or similar :thumleft:
johnsonca9

Post by johnsonca9 »

Thanks, I'd saved a pic and circled it, but my post count is not enough, so I'll keep posting stuff until I can edit the first post :thumleft:
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

There's a hard line that goes over the intake manifold to the MAP sensor on the rear firewall on the other side of the bay. Can't think of another hard line around there.

Upload the photo to http://imgur.com/ and post the link here.

Return to “Mechanical”