www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] What re these wires for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 4

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] What re these wires for? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As per pic really. I have one spade connector with blue wire, and 2 multiplugs.

Im sure the one with the brown wires went to a sensor in the old cat that was removed and replaced with a decat. I guess i can just leave this unplugged?

But im unsure of the other two.
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The single spade connector is likely a lamda sensor if it's a rev1 or 2 as rev 3 onward were 4 wire (I may be corrected) only other plugs in that area are air con pump and intercooler fan.
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 4

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The spare isnt the lamda as got a connector for that already. I wonder if its an earth for somewhere.
I think you maybe right in the intercooler fan and air con as ive temoved both of these so wont be needed now.
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

From factory you have a pre cat and post cat sensor both single wire. I don't know of a earth wire that runs into the factory loom but if your wiring is anything like mine then anything is possible [Brick wall]
I have my air con removed too and every time I see the plug hanging around it throws me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: