Rev 5 Turbo - should I sell or keep?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

muckyman

Rev 5 Turbo - should I sell or keep?

Post by muckyman »

Hi all,
on Xmas Eve I treated myself to a Rev 5 Turbo (UK rev 5 converted to turbo) and I like it a lot.
I've now gone and ordered myself a Supra from JM-Imports which arrives in around 7 weeks
The chap I bought the MR2 from only sold it as he just got a Supra, so the situation has repeated itself!
So, should I keep the MR2 as well or let it go to someone else who will love it, and more importantly, use it.
As much as I enjoy it and am impressed with its rust free condition, I'm not really sure how much it will get used when the Supra arrives and the thought it it languishing undriven is bothering me.
Has anyone else gone from a MR2 Turbo to a Supra Turbo and kept the MR2 as well? If so, did it get used much?
Really in two minds if I should keep it or sell it.....
ta
Michael
androo007

Re: Rev 5 Turbo - should I sell or keep?

Post by androo007 »

I've not gone to supra myself, but if I did there would be no competition. ...mr2 has to go I'm afraid.

Ok the mr2 has t tops etc but then you'd end up not driving the supra. And it'll need cash too.....
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

MR2 V's Supra = Bye bye MR2

I knew someone who went from MR2 to a Supra. He doesn't regret, well apart from the Fuel bills :lol:

If it was a genuine REV5 Turbo i'd say store it away as prices will rise on them but its just a converted N/A and aint worth as much.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i would keep it for a while until you decide which you like better for different driving requirements.

the supra is large and pretty heavy, i doubt you will be able to chuck it down the B roads like with the MR2.

sure, street cred factor at a meet or whatever, the supra will get more attention.
but i bet the MR2 will be quicker in 95% of situations that dont involve a slip road or motorways pulls.

exactly the same can be said for the skyline.
im sure to really give you a grin factor you need them pushing out 450+hp

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”